I just made a really good low calorie coconut curry shrimp!

Options
CarrieAnnH14
CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
edited April 2018 in Recipes
I was actually surprised how tasty this was. I used one 5.5 ounce container of coconut vanilla greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk. I added 3/4 tsp curry powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. I added one cooked package of multi grain minute rice (2 cups) .Then I added 2 cups of frozen franciscan blend vegetables (cooked in microwave first). Then I added 3/4 pound cooked shrimp. I let it heat through for about 5 minutes. It was a delicious sweet and savory dish. I divided it up into four 240 gram servings. It was 177 calories a serving. 22 g carbs and 20 g protein. Next time I will use a full pound of shrimp though. I think this would also be great with chicken and different kinds of vegetables.

Replies

• ga911girl
    ga911girl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Saving this to try. I love love love shrimp!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    That would not be enough food for me. I'd need to eat the whole recipe so, not low calorie for all of us.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I was actually surprised how tasty this was. I used one 5.5 ounce container of coconut vanilla greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk. I added 3/4 tsp curry powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. I added one cooked package of multi grain minute rice (2 cups) .Then I added 2 cups of frozen franciscan blend vegetables (cooked in microwave first). Then I added 3/4 pound cooked shrimp. I let it heat through for about 5 minutes. It was a delicious sweet and savory dish. I divided it up into four 240 gram servings. It was 177 calories a serving. 22 g carbs and 20 g protein. Next time I will use a full pound of shrimp though. I think this would also be great with chicken and different kinds of vegetables.

Tiny portion is a #1 problem. Issue #2, how did the yogurt not curdle for you???

You are correct about the tiny portion - I am eating a serving and a half for lunch right now. As for why the yogurt did not curdle - I have no idea.