How many times a day do i eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter in terms of weight loss. But it does tend to matter in the day-to-day, because finding out what foods, eaten how often, keep you feeling full and satisfied. You might have to experiment a bit to find out what works for you.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As many times as you want as has been said. As long as you're within your calorie allowance. I eat when im hungry and make sure the calories im eating keep me satistfied
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast.
    I'm a night eater. So my schedule looks like this when I'm home. I travel a lot for work so it varies when I'm on the road.
    I'm trying to lose 3 to 5 vanity pounds so I'm in a small defecit. I eat around 1500-1600 cals.

Lunch around 11am (almost always less than 400 calories)
    Snack around 3pm (usually a banana or clementines or some pretzels or Fiber One brownie)
    Big dinner around 5pm because my kids like to eat early(always with a lot of veggies or a big salad to bulk up the volume)
    Snacks or another small meal around 9pm-11pm during TV time (I usually have a lot of calories saved so its ice cream or something with peanut butter or chocolate or a bowl of cereal or english muffin pizzas)

I like to go to bed feeling full.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many meals y'all have a day including snack time.I get hungry when im bored or stressed so sometimes i have tk change my goals.How many meals do y'all eat a day?Which is the most effective?

Edit:I plan joining MA soon

When I'm hungry
  • AndrewTech8
    AndrewTech8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I generally have a coffe and a muffin in the morning. And maybe a croissant and protein bar in the middle of the day. I can’t do lunch anymore because I just pass out.

Then after work I’ll have a protein bar or 2 and then gym. Protein shake and a veggie burger post work out.

I try to eat small and work or hard. It works for me. I tried “bulking” and was the most miserable human ever.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,565 Member
    Options
    I'm a perpetual snacker. I can't keep track of how many times I eat... it's like a steady stream of lil bits here and there into my mouth. haha

One interesting thing... while that may not be a bad thing fitness wise - it's horrible for your teeth. When you eat (especially fruits and acidic veggies), it softens your enamel, and it takes about half an hour for the enamel to harden again. Constant snackers tend to have more cavities as a result.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, hey?

In the long run, it's how MUCH and WHAT you eat in a day that really matters not WHEN.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    How many times a day do you eat? I don't know.

How many times a day do I eat? All. Day. Long.