Heart rate monitors/calorie burn

Options
2»

Replies

• abbynormal52
    abbynormal52 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone mentioned an app to use on our phones?? Could someone let me know if you see this question? I know there are several, but like to know one that folks like;)
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't know if anyone mentioned an app to use on our phones?? Could someone let me know if you see this question? I know there are several, but like to know one that folks like;)

I have pretty much used all of the major running apps out the on ios over the last 6 years. The one that I have stuck with since 2015 is Nike Run Club. I mostly used it because you were able to set up running/walking challenges with friends over a certain period of time and it was fun to have some friendly competition to push you.

You also get rewards and achievements from meeting certain milestones and plus the app is a great way to keep up with your own run data and your friends. The ui is cool (it used to be a lot better before the major update near the end of 2016) and it has a lot of features that you would have to pay for monthly in the other apps for free( like guided runs and training programs).

That being said the alternatives are pretty great so there is no bad choice. I used to use Runtastic as my main app before i switched and there is nothing for me to complain about really except you have to pay for some features and my friends were not on there. Same for Strava and Runkeeper.

All those apps sync with and/or have apps for the Apple Watch which i use to monitor heartrate among other things.