Bulking/ cutting

I have recently being on a small bulk and I’m currently 80.1 kg(12.6 stone) and 6 ft 2. I’m not to sure of my exact bf % but I would say it’s between 15-20. I can see my top 2 abs and sometimes 4. However, now have a bit of a tummy. How long would it take to cut down and get my abs to show if I started cutting? Just wondering if I should keep bulking or start cutting as I would like some form of abs for mid summer time

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    6'2 and 176 pounds and you want a six pack? You would probably need to knock another 10 pounds, maybe more to have defined abs without walking around flexed all the time - but would that level of thinness be the type of aesthetics you are aiming for?. If you mostly have a 2-4 pack but you think you have a "tummy" it may be a posture issue called anterior pelvic tilt or if it's just the spine possibly lordosis. If you do have that curve, stand in the mirror sidways - tighten your abs and squeeze your butt muscles together (squinch? lol) and see if your lower back straightens out and the tummy flattens (don't suck in your gut, just tighten your core). If it does there are a lot of things you can do to correct this kind of postural issue.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    If you weight that little and are that tall, and you still are lean enough to see 2 abs and sometimes 4, you need more muscle. Personally, I wouldn't consider cutting yet, just don't go nuts on your surplus so you don't pack on a crap ton of fat.