Staying Positive

Options
Recently, I began having seizures. Being unable to control when they'll occur and what will happen when they do is terrifying. And having them begin after I decided to get healthy is really just ironic.

Today, however, I went and worked out at the gym...(I hate gyms.). Working my body and making it move the way I wanted made me feel better. I feel like knowing I can still be healthy in other ways will be good for me. I guess what I'm saying is that right now I may not be able to control my nervous system, but I can control my weight and my fitness.

So, to everyone who feels discouraged about something, try to remember the bodies we have are ours to what we please. Let's all decide to make them healthy.

Replies

• katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    good for you, vicci. you are doing the right things for yourself and everything you can to live a healthy life. i hope the seizures stop or can be controlled. good luck.
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your seizures, must be really hard :( But way to go in being so positive and keeping up with your goals!
    And thank you for posting this - I am myself in a bit of a bad spot health-wise right now, and really dreading my doctor's appointment tomorrow. I also went and worked out today even though I really-really did not want to.
    Good luck and hope the seizures part goes away.