fed up with sciatica and looking for friends to laugh with

Options
2»

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Please get a good neurosurgeon who specializes in back pain. It took me 30 years of chronic sciatica to find a great Doctor who did two out patient procedures to relieve my back and neck pain from herniated discs. The right Doctor can make a big difference. Physical Therapy only made me worse. Good luck!
  • Mooncakes_2
    Mooncakes_2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I currently have it right now and if you’re still struggling my doctor basically said that if I can’t be as active and burn off calories to maintain my weight then I got to lower my calories essentially to my Basal Metablic Rate since I can’t move around. HASfit has this 18 minute sciatica stretching routine on YouTube and let me tell you that it is AMAZING. Cold/Heat packs have helped me a lot! Hope it’s better now!
  • Bridgetaziz
    Bridgetaziz Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I also suffer from lower degenerate disk so feel free to add me. Trying to lose weight to ease the back. So far have lost 47lbs
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I feel your pain! Had years of sciatica as a result of a bulging disc. Tried EVERYTHING, over a period of years, and nothing worked, not long term anyway. I started losing sensation in my left leg, and could be walking along and then just fall out of the blue. In the end I was told my only option was surgery.... actually ended up needing two surgeries, but I’ve been pain free for years now, apart from the occasional twinge, which many people have anyway!

Good luck with getting back to normal. I wish I had advice, but I don’t since I had to go down the surgery path, so all I can do is sympathise and wish you luck. I know it’s not easy. Hang in there!!!
  • Sassyk35
    Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I too have crazy sciatica currently suffering an 8 week flare-up ugh. I have sacroiliac joint dysfunction along with degenerative arthritis in my back and neck and also slipped and bulging discs in my lower back I'm in chronic pain but when my sciatica flares up it's a hundred times worse and I have no clue what to do I've tried everything. I'm doing daily stretches I take muscle relaxant I'm on Lyrica now just started that I've also tried capsaicin cream heating pads ice packs physical therapy nothing seems to be helping there's no relief. Any insight is much appreciated good luck with everyone else is having the same issue I feel for you.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    My physio guy told the pain down my right leg isn't a pulled hamstring but in fact my sciatic nerve that is being pressed on by a vertebra and the solution was just accept it. haha not like I let it stop me anyway but man it's annoying isn't it. So I agree live and laugh and enjoy life cause that darn nerve is a pain in the butt!
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Came back to check in. How's the sciatica?