Pregnancy weight

Options
I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have already gained 30 pounds. I was afraid this would happen. I started out being over weight and really don't want to gain more. Doctor recommended only gaining 15-20 pounds through entire pregnancy.
Any suggestions on how I can maintain this weight or things I can do so it is at least easier for once I have the baby?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Speak to your doctor
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the pregnancy :)

I agree with above. Speak to your doc & midwife.

Are you overeating and not exercising? They might be able to help you out with a food plan and potentially an exercise plan to help you keep weight down for the rest of the pregnancy.
  • smithy08js
    smithy08js Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I talked to my midwife and she recommended smaller portions and try to cut back on sweets.
    But I was kind of looking if anyone had suggestions on doing so.
  • EmmaCaz4
    Options
    Have you tried more satisfying food? What are you currently eating and do you do any exercise?

Are you tracking? If yes is your diary open for us to have a look? I'm currently 29wks pregnant aswell :) exciting times!!
  • EmmaCaz4
    Options
    I agree with the fact you need to track cals through pregnancy although I think the extra 300/ 400 is a guideline. This depends on each individual. Overweight people especially are usually advised not to follow this by their midwives. I ate in a slight deficit within the first trimester, then ate at maintenance 2nd trimester and am doing so far during my 3rd. My maintenance is 2100cals though and I'm not going above that. I'm satisfied enough on those cals.