Keto for picky eaters

Options
Hi I'm starting keto and I'm having a hard time finding foods i like cause I'm such a picky eater. Has anyone else had that problem not just with keto but eating healthy in general. I've never stuck to anything cause I can only find about 5 healthy foods I like

Replies

• akinastrong
    akinastrong Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to be a very picky eater especially with my veggies but slowly go better with it you just have to find different ways for to eat it. I been on Keto for 4.5 months and I love it! aint going back to a regular diet. what make it good on keto is THE BUTTER lol I can cook my veggies in it. and it helps kill the taste. Butter just makes everything better! =) There is a lot you can eat on Keto a lot of people just make it to complicated. what are you picky with?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? Keto is very restrictive already.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The good news is you don't need to eat specific foods to lose weight, just eat at a deficit!

Having said that, a varied diet is I think important for good health, so keep trying foods cooked different ways. Especially if your problem is texture, different cooking methods (raw, broiled, grilled, roasted, stir fried, crock pot) can drastically change that. And keep trying stuff, there are lots of foods I was convinced I hated when I was younger that I like now.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is about having a balanced diet, not specific foods. As @kimny72 has said, you don't need to do keto to lose weight and it sounds like it might not be a good fit for you if you're already quite picky.

Consider just making small changes to your existing diet. Some of the biggest calorie savers I made to get me into a deficit really didn't make too much difference to what I am eating. I made changes like:
    • Switched from using free poured oil to oil spray, and grilling/baking/roasting foods
    • Buying packs of kid size chocolate for treats
    • Weighing out portions of food to make sure they better reflect actual serving sizes - particularly things like pasta, cereal, rice, potatoes.
    • Trying to eat more veg and fill out meals with that rather than more calorie laden sides.