Replies

• tracyomas
    tracyomas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am in. Going on vacation on June 30th so great timing for me.
  • FranPhillips5
    FranPhillips5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the idea. Sounds like fun. Could you please elaborate on what the trainers do?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Love the idea. Sounds like fun. Could you please elaborate on what the trainers do?

Yes, could you please?
    I might be interested in this as it would be an extra push that I need.
  • TheMom6Girls
    TheMom6Girls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • ashachu92
    ashachu92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also in!
  • melbann
    melbann Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @FranPhillips5 @boehle

The trainers are basically like team leaders. Right now we have 45+ people that said they would like to participate. Those 45+ people will be paired off then those pairs sorted into teams. These teams will be named after their “trainer”. For example if the trainer was Bob Harper (which none of the trainers are Biggest Loser trainers) then the team’s name would be “Team Bob Harper”. Some of the challenges will have some influences from the trainers such as the kind of fitness they are known for.

I’m still playing around with some ideas of how to involve the idea of the trainers into the challenge more. But for now you can just think of them as the Team names. Hope this makes sense.
  • melbann
    Options
    @Reanna143

I've sent you an invite to the group you just need to accept it.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126666-waist-away-8-week-challenge
  • Sambellezan
    Sambellezan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    melbann wrote: »
    @FranPhillips5 @boehle

The trainers are basically like team leaders. Right now we have 45+ people that said they would like to participate. Those 45+ people will be paired off then those pairs sorted into teams. These teams will be named after their “trainer”. For example if the trainer was Bob Harper (which none of the trainers are Biggest Loser trainers) then the team’s name would be “Team Bob Harper”. Some of the challenges will have some influences from the trainers such as the kind of fitness they are known for.

I’m still playing around with some ideas of how to involve the idea of the trainers into the challenge more. But for now you can just think of them as the Team names. Hope this makes sense.

Awesome
    I would be interested in being a leader.
  • curlymop3
    curlymop3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Would like to join too please. Making things fun and sociable is my number one motivator, so a game is ideal, exactly what I was looking for thank you!
  • melbann
    Options
    @boehle There are no "Leaders", maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. The trainers are just the names of the teams but there will be challenges that are based on those real trainers, such as their actual workouts they are known for. Hope that clears things up a little more.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,218 Member
    Options
    It's almost time!!!
  • melbann
    Options
    Just 3 days left for anyone who wants to join!

Anyone who has been sent requests to join the group don't forget to accept if you haven't already :)
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    @melbann my weigh day is Friday and May 1st is a Tuesday - do you want starting weights now?

Thanks

T xx
  • melbann
    Options
    @Tracie_Lord you have the whole week 1 to give your starting weight. So you can just give your starting weight on May 4th if Friday is your weigh in day.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    melbann wrote: »
    @Tracie_Lord you have the whole week 1 to give your starting weight. So you can just give your starting weight on May 4th if Friday is your weigh in day.

ok that's cool

• melbann
    Options
    Just a reminder that tomorrow @ midnight is the deadline to join the challenge. Anyone who has been sent an invitation but have not accepted by that time will unfortunately have their invitation removed :'(

April 30th at the end of the day the pairs and Trainers will be announced in the group, with the following day being the start of the first week of the challenge :smiley:

In case you forgot or missed the notification here are the members that have been sent an invitation but have yet to accept :) : @jusca @chyna973 @KimberlyLBergman @fe452436 @marybradley1 @MeekaU @MichelleRHolt @MichelleLaree13 @Amandah9889 @lorenza555 @lindaprofota @Dinow @sgallagherxo @BNM2015 @ashachu92 @3kathyg @Sambellezan @curlymop3
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not on your list, however, I did not get an invitation. I followed your link to join that way so I hope I am in. Thanks!
  • melbann
    Options
    @jazzadesigns yes you do show up as a member. Anyone who has clicked the "Join" button in the group has been accepted. The list above are the ones who were sent an invitation and have not accepted yet.