1 year til Disney

Options
Heading for my third trip to Disney next year. Although Disney is very "fat friendly" - I would like to have lost some more weight before my third trip. My first trip I weighed around 330 pounds. My second trip was only 7 months later, and I was down to 315 pounds. I am now under 300 pounds for the first time in over a decade - and I would like to be around 250 before my next trip (approximately 1 year from now). This is totally attainable IF I hold myself accountable. Looking for friends to help keep me motivated. I CAN DO THIS!!

Replies

• emyloohootoo
    emyloohootoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Kewpie!

I am also going to Disney! Our trip is in February and I signed up for the disney princess half marathon (oh, dear!).

We should motivate each other for our trips!!!
  • heatherlas
    Options
    I signed up for the Princess Half as well!
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    How exciting! I LOVE Disney. I had no idea they had a princess marathon...that is cool.
  • TaylorMade5717
    TaylorMade5717 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love Disney! We are actually going for Halloween - we are DVC members.

I would love if we could help motivate each other!!
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going next year as well, and want to be 50 pounds lighter than I was when I went in June.

You CAN do this!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I just came back from Disney World Last month. Great Time. While i was there I did workouts in the morning. They do offer good food to eat while there. Intense cardio and lift! WATER WATER WATER
  • Dutchgirl739
    Dutchgirl739 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My daughters run the Disney Princess marathon each year. They sign up for as many marathons as they can but they are getting so expensive! Good luck on your goal. I am content to watch from the side lines and cheer everyone on. I've had both my knees replaced so running is out for me but I love walking!!
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love Disney! Good luck on your journey! You can DO it!
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How funny! I just joined today. My motivation is my Disney cruise coming up. Hoping to be down 100lbs or close to it by October of next year. LOVE Disney!
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Heading for my third trip to Disney next year. Although Disney is very "fat friendly" - I would like to have lost some more weight before my third trip. My first trip I weighed around 330 pounds. My second trip was only 7 months later, and I was down to 315 pounds. I am now under 300 pounds for the first time in over a decade - and I would like to be around 250 before my next trip (approximately 1 year from now). This is totally attainable IF I hold myself accountable. Looking for friends to help keep me motivated. I CAN DO THIS!!

My third trip is next April. I have no pictures of me at Disney. I want to lose this weight and get the photo pass! I'll send a FR
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going next year as well, and want to be 50 pounds lighter than I was when I went in June.

You CAN do this!

My third trip w/ kids is next April. I would love to be 50, 60 or 70 lbs down. 70 is my goal
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am a Disney freak too... am signed up for the Disney Dumbo double dare half and tenK this labor day AND the Tinkerbell half marathon... keep steady and keep at it.. you have lost a LOT and are doing great.. hang mickey ears... or something that reminds you of the goal....walk walk walk...you can dooo this....after all its the House of Mouse!!
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Disney addict here. I am on Lines which is a chat site for Disney fanatics. It's through touringplans.com. We actually have our own group on here although it's pretty inactive!! But anyways, friend me. I love talking Disney !!!!

PS. my goal is 125 by my next trip in Oct. 2014. We. Shall. See. 144 now.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    My Disney pass blackout dates end at the end of this month (cheap pass, most of the summer is off limits) and I'm looking forward to going back almost 20 lbs lighter than last time I went (which was the day I got married, lol.)
  • TurtleRunner72
    TurtleRunner72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another Disney freak here. I am going November 2014 & have set a goal to do the Food & Wine 1/2 Marathon.
  • emyloohootoo
    emyloohootoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Will this be your first half?
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Looks like there are few other Disney runners/walkers here. I'm signed up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in eight weeks (eight weeks!) and I am completely terrified of getting swept. Oh well, I'm trying, which most people aren't, and even if I get swept, I am still at Disney World.
  • LaurenAnne_84
    LaurenAnne_84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yet another Disney freak. Would love to do the half marathon next year. This seems like a good place to start.