And I’m done!! 267lbs to 139lbs

Options
Meant to post a couple of weeks back but I wanted to see how I did on maintenance first. Start weight 267lbs/ 19 stone 1lb
Current weight 139lbs/ 9 stone 13lbs
I’m 5,3.

Took a huge amount of willpower, tears, self forgiveness as well as not lying to myself and calling out my own bull**** Started in July 2016, finished April 2018.

Didn’t do any specific diet, just included more protein and less carbohydrates as a rule. Stuck to my allowance and made it feel like money. If I couldn’t ‘afford’ something, I couldn’t have it.
Exercise I started walking, moved to swimming and now I have a gym membership and do a mixture of cardio and resistance. I workout a minimum of 3 times a week (if I can’t get to the gym I do stuff at home) and didn’t eat my exercise calories back as never got that hungry once I got used to less food.

I drink so much water now! At LEAST 3 litres a day. At first I was going to the loo every 3 minutes but after a while I got thirsty really easily and adapted.

Loose skin hasn’t been too bad. It’s most noticeable on my tummy, upper inner thighs and bingo wings (but I expect the resistance training will help with those 3, I’ve only been doing it for 2 weeks). But I sure as hell would prefer slightly wobbly bits instead of not being able to make it up stairs or not being able to breathe or sleep properly.

I had to work through a serious back complaint with physio caused by my obesity, it was a wake up call. My PCOS symptoms have gone which is amazing as me and my partner want kids real soon. Wanting to have kids was a big motivator. I wanted to be able to have the birth I wanted instead of a highly interventional, high risk one. I wanted to be an active mum who could get on the slides, climbing frames or plain play sports with my kids.

I’m so happy to be done, the difficult task of maintaining is one I’m going to tackle now.

3k2qffs0vp3r.jpeg
da42vgayb303.jpeg
kqfjsdf9r7yy.jpeg
rn3jqb3jlxfz.jpeg
55so8f89t18p.jpeg
4f17jcb8jyef.jpeg
lmp2frtckc1j.jpeg
kcz6hxbgk3gi.jpeg
25l0odfvjkb5.jpeg
hmmtgxkxnkcg.jpeg

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    A. MAZ. ING. LOVE the NEW LOOK TOO. <3 congratulations.
  • starryk02
    starryk02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look amazing - good for you sticking to it through everything!!! Congrats!!
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great work and I have no doubt you will maintain this new you!
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    That must feel so damn good. Congratulations!
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment! You must feel incredible!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Way to take charge!
  • amlelas68
    amlelas68 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    what an amazing transformation.
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    YUUUSSS!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • sweethunter15
    sweethunter15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job! congratulations.
  • Mac_Patti
    Mac_Patti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations..
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!
  • dee_true_hero
    dee_true_hero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Inspiring.
  • etemple23
    etemple23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely incredible!! The hard work definitely looks as though its paid off and it is even more inspirational as I've just had a huge wake up call myself, being a similar weight and at 4"11. Well done you!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you can do it, maybe I can too! Well done. Enjoy your new longer life
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! So happy and proud for you!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Check you out, you normal size person! Great job! Wonderful news about the PCOS, Best of luck when you decide to start a family.
  • TATWTTLTG
    TATWTTLTG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the hard work, hopefully I can work trough all the challenges and have similar results.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Awesome job :D:D:D:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!