Low carb

Slu13
Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
Can anyone tell me a low carb high protein lunch/dinner recipe?? I’m not a big fan of veg though which makes it harder!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Meat... whatever veg you can tolerate...
  • Bintzie
    Bintzie Posts: 24 Member
    Burger bowls. When I do them, I sauté onions, peppers, mushrooms with garlic to go on top. You can add cheese and bacon, jalepeno...whatever you want really. Dish into a bowl, add condiments of choice. There are recipes around for zucchini or pumpkin "fries" to go with it. Can also make a cheese sauce to douse veggies in if you have the calories to spare and really need to mask the veggies to get them down.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    I've been doing low carb too! Hard to look for recipes. Let me know if there are more posted on here.

I love veggies!
  • ggirgis44
    ggirgis44 Posts: 29 Member
    There are plenty of great recipe websites specifically tailored to low carb recipes. I used to love Linda's low carb, but haven't visited that site in years. A quick Google search led me here: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Theres also lowcarbmaven, lowcarbyum, ditchthecarbs, peaceloveandlowcarb... the options are endless!

If you're interested in some Indian/Asian/Middle Eastern proteins and salad dressings, feel free to inbox me. I have several email attachments I can send you, along with an awesome strawberry shortcake recipe and peanut butter cake cookies.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Omelettes
  • JLive2U
    JLive2U Posts: 8 Member
    Slu13 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me a low carb high protein lunch/dinner recipe?? I’m not a big fan of veg though which makes it harder!

Try Pinterest. I have found a ton there. Avacado and Salads. Add grilled chicken for even more protein.
  • dewy333
    dewy333 Posts: 20 Member
    www.dietdoctor.com is a great resource for recipes. A personal easy fav. is a Hamburger w. cheese and fried egg. Serve with pickles.
  • sharonhua
    sharonhua Posts: 23 Member
    Today I make broccoli cloud egg. Low carb high protein
  • sharonhua
    sharonhua Posts: 23 Member
    986azpkk9o50.jpg
    sharonhua wrote: »
    Today I make broccoli cloud egg. Low carb high protein

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Cambodian beef lok lak with the optional fried egg and skipping the optional rice. Replace with cauliflower rice if you want the texture of carbs, though I normally make it without. Google lok lak.

Thai Nam Prik without the rice are warm meat based sauces for dipping raw veg in from Northern Thailand. Again skip the rice or replace with cauliflower blitzed in the food processor. Nam Prik Ong is probably the best introduction if you are not familiar with this type of meal. It's essentially a sloppy joe filling that has been spiced up with red curry paste for dipping raw veg into.