How to get started

I have been counting calories now for 2 weeks and not lost a lb Im only wanting to lose 6lbs in total - 1 a week if possible - whats not working for me - please help

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Your expectations are not working for you. You have to be patient when you weigh yourself, and accurate when you log your food. Half a pound per week, at your weight, is a good rate.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    That's discouraging, but one way to become more accurate with logging your food portions is to get yourself a digital food scale. It really opened my eyes! I was eating much more than I thought I was before I started using that scale. You'll also need to drink more water than you're probably doing. It helps keep you full and avoids dehydration, which can make you tired so you think you need to eat. Also, just keep in mind that when you are as close to your goal as you already are (6 pounds to lose is not that much) the rate of loss is for some reason slower. Keep going! Don't lose your commitment, just add that scale into your life and you'll start to see some changes.

PS: Take your body measurements at hip, thigh and waist. You might see you lose there even if you're not seeing significant changes on the scale.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Lower your rate of loss to .5/week. Food scale/accurate logging. Give your changes 4+ weeks, reassess adjust if necessary.

If you weigh daily, a weight trending app will be very helpful. Smaller rates of loss are harder to see as fluctuations are constant, this can ease your mind when seeing your weight trending down.