Starting Keto Diet: Concerns, Progress, and Issues

Options
Hey Everyone. I started the Keto diet because last week I weighed in at 203. I know some may consider this to be nothing, but at 6'3", my max weight is 199. I am now down to 195.4. I have done basic research into the keto diet, but my primary concern is not overloading on protein. I have pretty much ate 213 grams of fat and 207 grams of protein since starting the diet three days ago. I am dead set on loosing the weight; however, my primary concern is not throwing myself out of ketosis. Does anyone have any advice. Also, I am not too sure as what other things I can eat outside of chicken and eggs.

I will be happy with any and all advice I can get.

Replies

• StephieP1126
    StephieP1126 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As far as meat goes pretty much all meat is good. Ground beef, steak, pork. I would be aware of ham as most hams have some kind of corn syrup or sweetener made from corn. I can't eat eggs, so I usually make low carb biscuits (Pintrest) and have a sausage biscuit. Avocados are really. I found a cookbook called Bacon & Butter and that's the best cookbook so far. Pintrest is a good resource also. Good Luck.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, all you have to do, is consistently eat fewer calories than you burn. You can do that inside or outside ketosis.

A healthy diet is balanced and varied. Eat as many different things as possible, without going over your calorie target.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Unless you are doing keto for neurological reasons, there is nothing magical about the ketosis. Don't make this difficult.
  • sparrowlightful
    sparrowlightful Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi new here id like to join in too as Im 5 days on the keto diet