How far in advance could I mix my protein powder and Greek yogurt?

toxikon
toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
Just curious if anyone has anyone has prepped yogurt + protein powder in advance. I know that prepping protein shakes can be a bad idea, as the protein gets kind of funky after a day or two.

For now I've just been prepping my yogurt each morning, but if I could save some time and do a bigger batch, that would be awesome.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited April 2018
    I do it the night before, with frozen berries mixed in too. I then leave it the fridge overnight and grab and go in the morning.

I haven't gone longer than that.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I weigh everything for my breakfast at night. I store the dry ingredients (protein powder + PB2 + fiber cereal) in one container on the counter and the wet ingredients (yogurt + soymilk) in another container in the fridge. All I have to do in the morning is mix.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I've mixed WPI into a full yoghurt tub and eaten it over a few days before. No issues.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    I mix my protein shakes the night before. I prefer it this way, as it gives the tiny clumps (in a shaker bottle!) time to further break down. By morning, I have a nice, smooth protein shake :)