Intermediate fasting

Any body have done with intermediate fasting 16:8. Where you eat in 8 hours of window and fast for 16 hours . I have lost 18 lbs with low calorie diet and walking an hour a day in 3 months . I still need to lose 18 lbs but it’s not working any more so I decided to give a try . Pls share your success or experience with intermediate fast . Any success will be good motivation for me I don’t want to give up now since I am Half way to my goal . But I am losing motivation

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    As you lose weight, weight loss slows down, so you have to tighten up your logging and be more patient.

Don't rely on motivation. Have a good plan, and just decide to stick to it.

Intermittent fasting is a range of "protocols" or meal schedules - 16:8 is just one of them.

I am eating all my meals within 8 hours most days. My experience is that it's a good eating pattern for me.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    IF works for some, not for others. However, you can't lose weight without a calorie deficit. So if your weight loss has stopped, you're no longer in a calorie deficit. Remember you have to adjust your calories as you lose weight. Re-Run the MFP wizard again with your existing stats and see how many calories a day it suggests. My guess is it'll be lower than what you're set at now. If eating in a specific window works for you, then IF might be a good fit, but without a calorie deficit it's still not going to net you any weight loss. Low carb diets generally help with water retention and almost everyone I know personally (I'm sure it works for some people differently) either stop losing weight over time with it or gain it all back once they go back to a normal diet because they weren't watching calories. Just my .02
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Any body have done with intermediate fasting 16:8. Where you eat in 8 hours of window and fast for 16 hours . I have lost 18 lbs with low calorie diet and walking an hour a day in 3 months . I still need to lose 18 lbs but it’s not working any more so I decided to give a try . Pls share your success or experience with intermediate fast . Any success will be good motivation for me I don’t want to give up now since I am Half way to my goal . But I am losing motivation

Here is link to a popular intermittent fasting group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting