Listing a job on your CV if you haven't worked any shifts?

Options
AMC110
AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
Bit of an odd place to post this but I need advice on whether to include a job on my resumé if I haven't actually worked any shifts. I've been employed on a zero hours contract for a few months now but haven't had any work from it.

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. Maybe include it in your summary but not your experience since you have no experience in that job.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I have always had more jobs on my CV that I have worked. If I hadn't made up experiences beforehand I wouldn't have landed half of the lobs I have actually held. And gotten the real job experiences that make me stay positive and self confident to look for another job when I feel like changing.

I so hope my boss isn't reading this
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Arizona_C wrote: »
    Oh my. I have always had more jobs on my CV that I have worked. If I hadn't made up experiences beforehand I wouldn't have landed half of the lobs I have actually held. And gotten the real job experiences that make me stay positive and self confident to look for another job when I feel like changing.

giphy.gif
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK?
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK?

Yeah I am
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Arizona_C wrote: »

I think you’d really enjoy the ends justifying the means thread.

eta:

OP: Don’t lie on your resume. I agree with post quoted below that you can include it, but be honest about the circumstances.
    km8907 wrote: »
    That's a tough one. Maybe include it in your summary but not your experience since you have no experience in that job.

This is a good idea — and/or maybe note something that clarifies employment status where it’s listed under experience.