Calories up - weight down??

Options
I am 38 and have been in school for 8 years. My habit at exam time is to buy those giant (like foot long) hazelnut Lindt bars. I would go through half to 1 bar studying for each exam. This is my first exam period without one! Going a bit crazy and trying not to go to the store! Could use encouragement.

I have been tracking for about 16 weeks and usually lose 1-2 lbs a week though do have stalls and whooshes. I have not been focusing on exercise, just diet (because I have no energy to exercise with 1200 calories a day!)

I have been lax on the diet the last 2 weeks during exams going 400-800 calories over my 1200 limit each day. Strangely, I have lost more weight in last 2 weeks while eating more and sitting more, than in the previous 5 weeks combined being strict. Maybe stress, but what the heck?

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,788 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)

Perhaps by eating more you've got a bit more energy, so you are moving more even though you don't realize it. ;)

There's no reason to drop to 1200 if it makes you feel so tired. Plus your brain needs food to study!

How tall are you, how old are you, and how much do you have to lose?