Healthy breakfast ideas?

Options
hnic76
hnic76 Posts: 22 Member
Looking for some good filling breakfast ideas, preferably max 400 calories?? Thank you in advance:)

Replies

• vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is a little higher about 466, but you could certainly bring it down a bit. I have black coffee, an egg sandwich on Ezekiel bread or English muffin a little veganaise, a few thin slices of really good cheese and two turkey sausages. This keeps me going through a busy constantly on my feet morning. If I try to switch it up and eat cereal or oatmeal I’m hungry within two hours.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I usually do a poached egg on half a multi grain English muffin, which ends up being around 130 calories. Feel free to do the whole muffin and add some avocado slices or turkey bacon to bulk it up...but I'm not a huge breakfast person, so that does it for me. I'll usually eat a banana if I'm still hungry.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I go high protein/high fat - usually chicken breast with avocado around 10. keeps me full till at least 2. Leaves me the carbs to structure around my lifts.
  • xPia
    xPia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tend to have large, filling breakfasts and they're under 400 calories! My go-to breakfasts are an egg white omelet, pancakes with chicken bacon, or oats.

Just for an idea of what I include in my meals: In my omelets I use diced onion, diced bell peppers, egg whites, turkey sausage crumbles, shredded cheese, spinach when I remember, and occasionally salsa. For my pancakes I like to use Klondike Cakes brand mix for the protein content. I also use sugar-free syrup but really it'd be under even if you didn't. Chicken bacon is surprisingly nice and only 30 calories a slice! The way I make my oats is very simple: water, old-fashioned oats, a pat of butter (pinch of salt if using unsalted butter), brown sugar, and occasionally frozen wild blueberries mixed in at the end.

You can also scramble eggs in the microwave if you're low on time but want something filling. That'd be great with a slice of toast, an English muffin, or even folded into a tortilla with a few toppings.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My breakfast tomorrow of overnight oats with 30g chocolate whey protein, 40 g oats, 1 oz blueberries and 4 oz kefir is 336 calories. It fills me ok.
    My breakfast this past Thursday was a 4 oz plain greek-style homemade yogurt with 1 oz Nature Valley Granola, 25 g PB2, 1 oz blueberries, and 12 g LivFit Superfood Blend with Protein was 391 calories and filled me well.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    A mini bagel, slice of canadian bacon and serving of egg whites is about 150 cals. You could have a couple of those, or one with a real egg, and a half cup 0% greek yoghurt with some berries and a tsp of maple syrup.
  • feliciaamanda
    feliciaamanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    40 grams rolled oats, 15 grams peanut butter and 100 grams banana (348 kcal) keeps me full for a couple of hours.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    One that I like...

Black beans sautéed in a little olive oil and smashed up, seasoned with preferred spices.
    Top with 1 or 2 runny yolk eggs.
    Depending on size of bean serving, if calories remain add some guac.
    Protein, fiber, and fat fill me up for a long time.

ETA:
    This got me craving it and now I’m making it. :D
  • bedwellchris
    bedwellchris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My "go to every morning breakfast" is 2 eggs and an english muffin. Gives me that energy that I need until lunch.
  • Dawnlouiseb86
    Dawnlouiseb86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 75g of protein porridge (that I buy from bulk powder) with almond milk, I cut a small organic banana and a tsn of chia seeds. Some days I put raspberries or blueberries instead of banana. I think this is slightly over 400 calories with the banana but you don’t have to use a whole banana.

Sometimes I have a baby spinach omelette 4 duck eggs with only 1 yolk. 1 1/2 cup of baby spinach, 1/2 tbsp onion powder 1 1/2 pinch of black pepper 1 1/2 pinch of Himalayan salt.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Eggs scrambled with veggies, turkey bacon, and a fruit.