Hey'ho :)

Options
My name is Liam, new to this MFP website and loving it - especially the calorie counter :D Anyway, I'm looking for some people to add me for motivation and to keep me invested in this :smile: I'm a 24 year old University Student in a very happy relationship :bigsmile: I'd be happy for anyone to add me who's also trying to lose weight, who wants to motivate/ needs motivated and please anyone that could help in the nutrition department - huge weakness there. Keeping in mind though, I'm a student and can't really afford elaborate meals :laugh: Also..I can't cook very well :noway: Not the most ultimate of combinations xD
Anyway, please add me if you have the time :) thanks

Replies

• arassely
    arassely Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel you there! I'm a student also and it sucks because there not a lot of time to waste on cooking or planning out meals. I'm just learning to proportion food. I am just eating a bunch of salads :) the good thing is at the moment I'm on break so I'm trying to change some of my eating habits. Also work on my time management. I hope to be of some help and I also plan to learn From others here. They all are very helpful and encouraging.
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you really work hard on adding what you are eating...you will find that you do not have to change everything that you eat...just eat the right portion..I would also watch salt...but amazing what you can do with some whole wheat pasta...and veggies. I have also found buying some staples in bulk helps to save on money too...also buy sesonal items when they are cheaper and freeze them if you are able to do that.
  • AlwaysanOptimist
    AlwaysanOptimist Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd say this - but I'm actually looking forward to starting University back up again in September XD My nutrition options have been fairly limited and I've been settling for sub-standard meals - if they can even qualify as that! That being said though, I have been progressing and staying focussed and am very proud of myself for that :D
  • AlwaysanOptimist
    Options
    If you really work hard on adding what you are eating...you will find that you do not have to change everything that you eat...just eat the right portion..I would also watch salt...but amazing what you can do with some whole wheat pasta...and veggies. I have also found buying some staples in bulk helps to save on money too...also buy sesonal items when they are cheaper and freeze them if you are able to do that.

Salt is probably my major weakness :) Managed to significantly reduce the horrifying and overwhelming sugar intake that I used to have :) Going to get a hold of some pasta tomorrow :) Ooh! Might buy some extra storage containers for the food then :bigsmile: Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • blackNyx
    blackNyx Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm starting university this year as a freshmen. Scared as hell! I'll add you, I certainly need the nutritional help and encouragement :)
  • AlwaysanOptimist
    Options
    Oooh, I was a freshman last year :D And..well.. six/ seven years ago.. but I try to overlook that >_> Wasn't mature enough for it when I first began :laugh: Glad to be of any help :)
  • arassely
    arassely Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm a junior this year! Excited about everything! I think as long as we stay focused and with the awesome suppirt system we have here we will do great! Pretty excited!!!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    who you calling a ho? just kidding, good luck on your journey :wink:
  • AlwaysanOptimist
    Options
    I'm a junior this year! Excited about everything! I think as long as we stay focused and with the awesome suppirt system we have here we will do great! Pretty excited!!!

Aaaah! YES! Agreed, definitely! Now time for an anti-climactic early bedtime XD
  • AlwaysanOptimist
    Options
    who you calling a ho? just kidding, good luck on your journey :wink:

XDD Thank you very much! :bigsmile: