Observation and comment about healthy weight

Options
optimism9
optimism9 Posts: 4 Member
I was looking back at pics of myself when i was in my twenties, thirties, forties, and honestly i can't believe how thin i was 'YET' i at the time always remember feeling like i was fat.

I would love to be as thin as i was back then and appreciate it!...Why is this?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Same. I look at pictures when I was 128 after weight loss (I've put weight back on). I thought I was fat. Now I see those pictures and I think I'm crazy for thinking that. Body image shiznit.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It was a bit different for me. I look back at my pictures now and wish that I had learned these important lessons earlier. I wish that I knew that it was ok to eat what I want in moderation, learn moderation and portion control. Back then I was stuck in a vicious cycle of over eating and then beating myself up for it and then under eating. Only If I would've known then what I know now! Oh well though, at least I took the time to sort it out.
    So I don't look back at my pictures and think I was skinny or fat. Instead I look back and think how ignorant I was.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I struggled deeply with body image along with my ED... Switching my mindset from thinking that I was only beautiful if I was as thin as I could be to being as healthy, muscular and strong as can be literally has saved me. I feel better than ever and am loving myself more! <3
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I will get back to this when I am not half a bottle of wine into it. (Tomorrow some time)

I so identify with 'thought I was a little chubby'.

I can even do a pic comparison- no way I was 'chubby'.

Cheers, h.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I look back at old photos, I feel the same as I did back then. Too high bodyfat, too scrawny, just right etc. The only thing I look back and didn't realize at the time was my youth.. I wish I didn't take my looks for granted. Sometimes I miss how I used to look in my 20s.. before I got into lifting and bodybuilding I was actually so much more confident and happier with myself than I am now. Oh well.