Stretching/Flexibility

Options
ladyreva78
ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
I'm looking for a short (5 minutes) stretching routine for legs/hips and one for shoulders that I'd like to integrate into my day (lunch break or waiting times at the train station/bus stops). Google is driving me bonkers right now and I'm hoping one of you brilliant people might have something up your sleeve that's been tried and tested. :wink:

I have relaxation/stretching exercises for my lower back given by my physiotherapist 2 years ago when I went to him for back problems, and I'd like to extend my repertoire (can't afford to pay for the sessions with him right now or I'd go :disappointed: ). I do those first thing in the morning after I wake up before I even get up. So the other stretches don't need to be integrated into that routine and can be fully separate.

and please: NO foam rolling. I just plain hate it and know I won't do it.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I do almost an hour of stretching exercises at 6:00 in the morning before my family gets up. I've been doing this for over 25 yrs-3x a week. I have OA and it helps me function, even before going to the gym or pool. My routine at first was Jane Fonda's. I bought the book and did that. Then I started branching out, integrating other moves that I learned here and there, but I found the very best stretches at a light yoga class that I started taking. I incorperated many of those moves. Look at YouTube-Yoga with Adrienne, and pick a beginning level, or take a class. I also found some very good exercises on YouTube--Ask Dr Jo. She's fantastic, and has stretches and exercises for any problems you might have. Good luck and let me know how it works out. I'm always learning and looking for new things to do.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this quite fits your idea, but it's something I've used at work too.
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/relaxing-stretching-workout-for-stiff-muscles-and-stress-relief-easy-stretches-to-do-at-work

It's short and easy to do.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I just checked out both and that's exactly what I was looking for. Short and well explained! :+1:

I think I could manage to get up 10 minutes earlier for this.