Macros, Keto, and Other inquiries

Options
2»

Replies

• riverschristian93
    riverschristian93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am using MF_P for weight tracking, calories, and macros. I’m one of those people who dont look at labels or measure food before I eat.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Keto does not, in itself, lead to weight loss. To lose weight, calories in < calories out. It's that simple. To prevent constipation, make sure you're eating enough fat and fiber and drinking enough water. That's the "magic" formula to regularity.
  • rondavis436
    rondavis436 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give some honest advice on Keto. One, I've been doing Keto for well over a year, I have lost 38 pounds and have went from a 44.5 waist to a 39.25 waist. I am very passionate about this way of eating. In my experience one the worst things you can do is announce on any message board you're doing Keto. You're going to get all sorts of responses many of then negative, or ill informed. There's a lot of noise out there about Keto some of it helpful a lot of it isn't.

I have a hand full of trusted sources, one if the Diet Doctor Website. Also YouTube have some great Keto sources. My go to are Doctor Eric Berg, and Keto Connect. Doctor Berg has some great short videos on Keto and the science behind it. I've found Doctor Berg to be an invaluable resource. Keto Connect has some great, simple recipes. One of things I've found is some of the recipes for Keto are time consuming and complicated. As a friend of mine once said I just want to eat. Last is a guy named Jimmy Moore, Jimmy is a podcaster and has a number of Books on Keto.

Keto is sustainable you can eat the rest of your life this way. If I can do this anybody can. Good Luck and hope you read this.