Calories left at end of day

Hey guys, wondering at end of day, and you’re NOT hungry but have about 300 or so calories left ...do you end the day there or eat something? We’ve been trained to believe about “starvation mode” ....just asking, thx!!

Replies

• mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Depends, if you're at a very low calorie count for the day (say <1200) then I would personally try to eat something, but often it's useful to skip it and 'bank' those calories for later in the week (so you can eat 300 more the next day without affecting your loss, if that makes sense). Eating very little is more of a problem when it's a sustained issue over a period of time, so I wouldn't worry about it if it's just the odd day that you aren't hungry.
  • Beachrunner54
    Beachrunner54 Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you!! That works for me!! I like the idea of banking a few extra:)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    one or two days here and there not bad, but if its continuous, then reevaluate your food choices - with 300cal left, i'd plan in an evening bowl of cereal or ice cream or something like that
  • Beachrunner54
    Beachrunner54 Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you so much ;)
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Yeah, yesterday I was about 700 calories under. But I went for a long bike ride. I just wasn't hungry, and most of those 700 were exercise calories. I don't always eat back my exercise calories. Some days I go a little bit over some days I go a little bit under, I look more for a 1200 to 1400 calorie range. I am not super strict, that leads me to failure every time.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I follow my weekly average so under some today, over some tomorrow all balances out. Bank them, spread them out over a few days or, if it's occasional, leave it as is.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Starvation mode? Total myth. Just saying.

I try to balance my calories out over a week. Sometimes under, sometimes over.