Ice cream Feen!!

Options
KaytlynSkye
KaytlynSkye Posts: 11 Member
I need a healthy alternative for ice cream it’s my weakness!!! Help a girl out!! I’ve saw a few with Vanilla almond milk... what are your favorites??

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Halo top. Homemade sorbet. Nestle Jet pops.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Enlightened is another worthwhile low cal ice cream - I like their bars more than their pints
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Edy's has a slow churned that is lower calorie too. Am I right?

You can find lot of ice creams for 130-200 calories per serving.

I go the Halo Top route because I like to eat a lot. But my bank account suffers.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Blue Bell is a regional brand with a No Sugar Added that is a good vanilla. I read that Breyers has a No Sugar Added but I've never seen it.

Lucky you! You're in the right region for Blue Bell!.

You fiend!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    ^hehe
  • KaytlynSkye
    KaytlynSkye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating the Halo top it’s actually pretty good but gets expensive! Lol
    Going to try to make my own!
    Blue bell is my weakness I didn’t know they had a no sugar added!!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I bought an ice cream maker. I tried to make something super low calorie. It was horrible. Never tried again and it's still sitting in my freezer after 2 years.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    blended frozen banana ...can add a frozen greek yogurt cup or protein powders or other fruits or any topppings or just eat as is.....yum. Just google nicecream
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

My local Wal-Mart has been stocking the Blue Bell No Sugar Added for only a few months. It really is good. I prefer it over the Homemade Vanilla. Last week for the first time I saw it available in pints.

Maybe speak to the manager of your local Blue Bell supplier and ask them to stock the NSA.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Noooo... I used to get so mad when people be like "mashed frozen banana". lol.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited April 2018
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

mashed and blended are super different i find it amazing lol. Especially good with pineapple and vanilla greek yogurt xD I cant moderate tubs of icecream, I can moderate this and make as needed ;p
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

My local Wal-Mart has been stocking the Blue Bell No Sugar Added for only a few months. It really is good. I prefer it over the Homemade Vanilla. Last week for the first time I saw it available in pints.

Maybe speak to the manager of your local Blue Bell supplier and ask them to stock the NSA.

Another vote for this. Its really is good vanilla. We also have Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Sugar Free and its no where near the same creaminess and authentic vanilla flavoring as Blue Bell.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

I would get mad too, that's not a replacement for ice cream.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

mashed and blended are super different i find it amazing lol. Especially good with pineapple and vanilla greek yogurt xD I cant moderate tubs of icecream, I can moderate this and make as needed ;p

Yeah I was always just like...a banana ice cream has the same amount of calories.

But as someone else who can't moderate I get your choice more now. It's not a gallon of ice cream sitting in the freezer that you can pick at. Make it fresh, eat it all and enjoy.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I'm eating some Halo Top as I type this. :D It's great but expensive. I also like the Breyers no sugar added Vanilla. Not that I mind eating sugar but it just has so fewer calories. It's very rich in vanilla flavor and has 80 calories per 66 grams.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Yeah I was always just like...a banana ice cream has the same amount of calories.

But as someone else who can't moderate I get your choice more now. It's not a gallon of ice cream sitting in the freezer that you can pick at. Make it fresh, eat it all and enjoy.

ya. I can make a decent delicious creamy fresh portion for 150-200 calories...Thats with yogurt. Surprisingly filling to though icecream doesnt fill me up. But ya its mainly the moderating thing that sold me. Being delicious is a bonus
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I think I'll take a walk to the store for some Halo Top now. Is it worth putting pants on for is the only question.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many people reading this thread are going for some ice cream this evening?
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people reading this thread are going for some ice cream this evening?

i may have already had 2 bowls today lol