Keto Friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• ajsin40
    ajsin40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Starting keto in a couple days. How do I add people? Also, this might be a stupid question but how do I keep up my electrolytes without carbs?
  • Rawritscole94
    Rawritscole94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I decided to try the mio energy enhancers with electrolytes. They seemed to help a lot and they also kept the water intake higher

• Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    I’ve done keto for a little while and saw some good results. I switched to wanting to bulk more so I need carbs. But will go back again. Think of it as a life style and you’ll be good to go.

Feel free to add me anyone.
  • meganmarietw27
    meganmarietw27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ajsin40 wrote: »
    Hey all! Starting keto in a couple days. How do I add people? Also, this might be a stupid question but how do I keep up my electrolytes without carbs?

Potassium and magnesium pills. And put salt on everything.
  • amandarenee31
    amandarenee31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    First time trying low carb/keto. 18 successful days and counting. Down 12 lbs and about 1.5% body fat. Started at 240 lbs and my goal is 150 lbs. I feel great and I'm looking for fellow keto friends for inspiration/motivation.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    ajsin40 wrote: »

Most need at least 3000 to 5000 mg of sodium a day. There's 2300mg of sodium in a teaspoon of salt for reference.

To get that much, salt your food liberally and consider drinking salty broth, taking salt tablets, making "keto-aid" with stuff like Mio, or just eating some salt with water.

You probably won't need potassium and magnesium unless sodium gets low. Low sodium will cause magnesium and potassium to be leached out to replace the missing electrolytes. If you keep sodium up, they generally don't drop.

If you get a headache, fatigue, nausea, BM issues, moodiness, muscle aches and spasms, then your sodium is much too low.

These MFP groups have lots of low carbers and keto'ers who are always willing to add friends. I'm not a good friend, myself - I tend not to check it more than a couple of times a year. ;)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • Shelleytate
    Shelleytate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started keto 3 weeks ago and would love for anyone to add me for mutual support in this new woe!
  • asuroxychick
    asuroxychick Posts: 4,358 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto and MyfitnessPal this week.. I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing on either... I don't know how to add anyone yet either
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Everyone let’s be friends!!!!!
  • asuroxychick
    asuroxychick Posts: 4,358 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Megan! I recently started keto and it's been going pretty well. I've struggles with weight loss and eating disorders my whole life but right now I'm more committed than I've ever been. I'd like to have some friends on here that are also trying their hand at keto. Add me cause I haven't figured out how to add anyone yet lol

Best of success. About 4-6 weeks after I started I realized my binging had stopped without thinking about it. Four years later it is the gains in my health now at age 67 that keeps me eating this way.
  • keondraleke
    keondraleke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I've been doing Keto for three weeks now and I love it because no more trying to fight myself from eating a whole box Ritz bitz in one sitting. It's been an amazing turn around for me I'm glad to read the tips on here so thanks.