Frustrations!!

Options
I just don't understand! :c for the last couple weeks I switched back to only all natural foods, lots of organic fruits/vegs, no packaged garbage or sodas, 90% vegetarian again, thinking positive thoughts, going for walks, and I lost 5 pounds over that time...I used to be very healthy then I had a two year-ish struggle with falling off that wagon, being very depressed, eating terrible things like hot dogs and mc donald's and pop all the time and like way too much food every day, but I got my mind set back and it has been very easy to follow the healthy guidelines I have set for myself the last few weeks...but slowly over the last week and a half I have gained back 2 of the pounds I lost. WHY!? Is my body just refusing to not-be fat?! No matter what I do?! I mean I'm not quitting my efforts but I just don't get it...I don't feel any symptoms like I have some kind of medical condition or anything. This is very disheartening. I've gained like 60 lbs since 2009!!! but even since then I have gone through small phases of effort and had maybe have a pound or 2 loss then it would just come back. Just makes no sense to me. :< The only thing I can think of is that twice before in my life I have lost a bunch of weight only to have it gained back over a few years later and I guess maybe all my fat is just getting stubborn...I duno...Anyone have any similar stories / advice?

EDIT: ok thanks for replies so far, I changed my settings so my diary is public. I'm 31, 5'4" was at 201.2 a couple weeks ago. What worked for me some time ago was weight watchers where if you eat fruits/vegs they all have zero points so I set my daily calorie goal to 1,200, and I track all my food in the normal way on here but then I write down all my fruits/veg in the "food notes" part, so they are logged but not added {just as the "zero" points would be} Mentally doing it this way has really helped me to be able to stay on track. I know it's only two pounds at this point, and 2 pounds doesn't concern me, more my concern is that I will never be able to fix whatever my problem is :}

Replies

• greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's really difficult to give you an answer when your diary is locked, but there's multiple reasons why. Not enough calories, too many calories, not enough water, too much sodium, TOM, not exercising enough, gaining muscle.

Really, 2 lbs is nothing to freak out about though. I know it sucks, but that could be a poop. It could be water weight. Our bodies can literally flucuate lbs from day to day. Focus on how you FEEL and not on the numbers. Can you breathe better? Do you have more energy? Do you want to move?

If you're that concerned about it, maybe its time to see a doctor to see if something else is going on.

Good luck, doll!
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You might eat very healthily and everything, but I don't know how much calories you consume and how much calories you burn.
    I also don't know what is your height, weight, age, TDEE....etc.
    Meaning : I can't tell you if you're eating way much more calories than your TDEE would allow you to....

and what does "last couple weeks" mean? does that really mean "two" weeks or "a few weeks"?
    and it all depends on what kind of results you were hoping for too...like if you were hoping to drop 4 inches of your waist in 2 weeks, you might get frustrated a lot...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Making your diary public may help - being able to view your calories and macros over the last couple of weeks would give us an idea of what you're doing, how things are balancing out, etc.

Are you consistently tracking your food? Do you weigh/measure? Are you active? Do you eat back at least some of your exercise calories?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above...a locked diary gives little for everyone to go on..in regards to your intake and measuring habits..
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I also started to gain when I tried vegan and I stopped with it quite rapidly again.

A mistake many people make as well is thinking fat is the culprit and it makes us fat. This is not true! You need fat to burn fat! If you want to stay with the veggies I suggest you add flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil to your diet!

Raw nuts and seeds are a good option as well, like almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I did a lil edit and fixed my diary settings, thanks for the reply
  • Jackie_Paper
    Options
    This I know :} I eat a lot of avocados, raw nuts, hemp seeds, olives & olive oil, I loooove those thigns so it's not hard to eat them. My problem is too much sugar , generally >.<
  • Wilhellmina
    Options
    I see your calorie intake is only 1200 a day? Looks pretty low to me. Have you been calculating your BMR? I bet that is already higher then that. Perhaps you should increase it. What kind of exercise are you doing and how much?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to take photos and measurements. The scale is such a negative tool because people put so much into it. I used to be one of them. I have worked out religiously for 5 months, completely reshaped my body and have only lost 4 pounds. The scale doesn't measure health. Set goals for yourself that are off of the scale.

Walk a certain distance, eat more of a certain food, drink a certain amount of water, lift a certain amount, etc. Make this sustainable for you so that it becomes a lifestyle.
  • Wilhellmina
    Options
    Try this link, TDEE to see how much you should eat a day and then 3500 calories off for every lb you want to loose a week (I would suggest 1 to max 2 a week). So daily x 7 - 3500 : 7 is your calorie intake a day if you want to loose weight.

http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the WW point value, all fruit and veggies have calories. If you aren't logging accurately, it will affect your weight loss. On Sunday, you probably eat about 450+ calories in fruits that you didn't otherwise account for.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone :}