Burning 6000 calories per week

Options
bnmoyler
bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
edited April 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been hitting it hard lately. Between bodypump, bodycombat, and running, I been burning an average of 6000 calories per week for the past three weeks. I'm eating around 1600-1800 calories per day but I look awful. I look pregnant and puffy! My stomach looks worse than ever and it's all dropped to the bottom. I look like an alien. Why am I bigger?! My jeans are like so tight it's unbelievable. I'm drinking tons of water and my food choices are ok. Please help because I'm annoyed!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    6000 calories burned in a week is a lot, how much time do you spend exercising per day? Is 1600-1800 covering all of these calories burned as in you are eating them back or some of them? Are you in maintenance or losing weight?

Have you weighed yourself lately to see if you are retaining water? Tons of water isn't necessary, just enough to hydrate (pale yellow pee is all you need)? Are you nearing your time of them month?
  • bnmoyler
    bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My exercising is generally anywhere from
    1.5-2 hours. 1600-1800 is just my calorie intake in general. It doesn't include anything that was burned. I want to lose. That is my goal. So even if I ate 2000 calories per day, once I minus the calories burned, I should still be losing something. I never weigh myself anymore because it just messes with my head. It's not productive for me at all. I'm also trying to tone and build a little muscle which I can definitely see results from that. It's just that I look much bigger; and even though I want to put on a healthy amount of muscle, I expect to be swapping out the pudge for it. Not keeping both. I drink about 64 ounces of water per day and I am currently at the end of my cycle.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    6000 calories burned in a week is a lot, how much time do you spend exercising per day? Is 1600-1800 covering all of these calories burned as in you are eating them back or some of them? Are you in maintenance or losing weight?

Have you weighed yourself lately to see if you are retaining water? Tons of water isn't necessary, just enough to hydrate (pale yellow pee is all you need)? Are you nearing your time of them month?

6000 isn't an abnormally huge amount. That'd be 50 miles a week run for me (double what I do do).

OP, like Roxie says, you are eating about 18,000 KCal per week right? 1700 x 7 + 6000.
    And you've only been going for 21 days. Your going to bload and retain water to repair the damage you are doing to your muscles.