Healthy Snacks That Won't Hinder Your Diet

Options
Can anyone give me some ideas of some healthy snacks that I could eat after dinner that won't hinder my diet? :)

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Fruit, cheese, crackers, I like sorbet if I'm craving something frozen and sweet and can't do ice cream. I've also had cereal and milk as a snack.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks Michelle! Is low fat yogurt O.K.?
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    I have had a problem with eating sweets at night and I am trying to choose healthier snacks. :)
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Thanks Michelle! Is low fat yogurt O.K.?

I guess? Without knowing how many calories you tend to have after your dinner it's kind of hard to suggest anything in particular. My cereal and milk clocks in at 280cals, which I usually have room for. YMMV. If you have room for a serving of yogurt go for it.
  • PiperGirl08
    PiperGirl08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Undressed popcorn, not out of s bag, box or microwave. Cook from scratch, light on the oil.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    I love strawberry frosted mini-wheats. Thanks, good idea. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Snacks? You mean like the ice cream and cake I had today, within my calorie budget, or the chocolate candies I had yesterday within my calorie budget?

I could suggest hummus with celery sticks. But now that I know such a thing as "snickerdoodle" flavored hummus turns it into crackus, never mind.
  • plythacur
    plythacur Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A lot of berries are in season right now so you could have an assortment of fresh berries with or without additional sweet stuff. I usually just eat whatever fruit is in season with a bit of pudding, fruit dip, or chocolate ganache if I want to bump up the sweetness even more and I have room for the calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream or chocolate every night. I just make it fit in my calorie allowance. The ice cream might be Halo Top to make it fit, but I always have dessert.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love having a bowl of cereal as a snack. Popcorn, edamame, Jello sugar free pudding, if I want sweet treat.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of apple cinnamon tea or eucalyptus tea - curbs my desire to snack.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I don't think we can really give you any advice because we can't know how many calories you have left over. 100? 300? It all depends on how many calories you have left over, and what you like to eat. Eat the amount of whatever snack food you like, weigh it to make sure it is within the calories you have left, and eat it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Snacks? You mean like the ice cream and cake I had today, within my calorie budget, or the chocolate candies I had yesterday within my calorie budget?

^^ this
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I most usually stay under my calorie goal,but I like chips and sweets and just felt that it would be better if I ate healthier snacks. I have found that I feel much better physically when I eat healthy snacks. :)
  • Phoenix_312
    Phoenix_312 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream or chocolate every night. I just make it fit in my calorie allowance. The ice cream might be Halo Top to make it fit, but I always have dessert.

Same! That Halo Top ice cream is the only thing keeping me sane on my diet! Hahaha!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I most usually stay under my calorie goal,but I like chips and sweets and just felt that it would be better if I ate healthier snacks. I have found that I feel much better physically when I eat healthy snacks. :)

I hate to tell you but that is mostly in your brain. Unless you have a specific medical condition to avoid certain foods or macros a snack-sized portion of food can't really do much to make you feel better or worse.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    I am in pretty good health, except high blood pressure, so I do have to watch my salt. I think you are right about it being in my brain, because I feel bad when I eat candy or chips late at night. I feel that I should be eating something healthier. :)