First day of keto diet.

Options
I was doing a liquid diet for the past month. I was drinking Soylent three times a day and I loved it. I lost 9 pounds. Today I decided to switch from that to the keto diet. I ordered a book on Amazon simply keto. I'm very excited. Does anyone have any advice??!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Did keto and it was as not for me. Try just counting calories.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    If carbs keep you satisfied you're going to have a rough time with keto. It works for some, doesn't work for others, if it helps keep you satisfied and in a deficit then it'll work. The liquid diet sounds miserable though.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Invest in a lot of toilet paper. Switching from liquid to high fat will probably result in a rather negative response from your bowels.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ease into it. Switching from all liquids to solids is going to be rough if you do it suddenly. Also, your body hasn't had to digest meat or vegetables for a while which might lead to some discomfort.

Try starting with 1 meal, probably breakfast will be easiest. Soylent is 400 cals/ serving right? If you want a breakfast with equal calories try - 3 whole eggs (240 cals) scrambled with a little spinach. a serving of fruit (50 cals), a cup of soy milk (100 cals). Drink your Soylent for the other eating times as usual.

Every few days, try swapping out another soylent for food.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Search the groups, they have keto specific ones you can join for all of the information you want/need.
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Keto's working great for me. I no longer feel bloated or like I've eaten too much. And I don't feel like I'm missing out because you can still have yummy stuff! Not sure how you'll go changing from a liquid diet as I haven't done it, but once you're on keto for a while, you'll need extra fiber, not extra toilet paper! Hahaha :P
    Make sure you use vegetables as your carb allowance.
    Avoid fruit as must as possible because most are high in carbs. I have a few raspberries every now and again if my macros allow. Once you're at maintenance you'll be able to have more.
    Oh and cream in coffee instead of milk!
    Not a pro but just my experience so far!
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am really enjoying keto. Eating so much meat/cheese/veggies keeps me full for hours and I am hardly ever hungry.