Not New, but Not Using to Full Potential

Options
st_martn
st_martn Posts: 17 Member
Hello MFP Land. Happy Sunday to everyone. I am 112 days into this journey, and don't have too much to show for it. Am dealing with some pist shoulder surgery issues and have recently stopped denying the evil D word. Depression. Trying my best to get everything to fall into one place, but struggling to do it, alone. Bit of a back story, used this app to great success about 4-5 years ago, but gained it all back + 100 more. Ultimately, need to drop over 200. Any help, tips, general friendship, optimism would be welcomed more than you would know. I don't post much. More of message/text message type of guy.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hello. Hang out in the community discussions. You'll eventually see something helpful and useful.

Log honestly and accurately. You know it works. It'll work again.
  • misaloundra
    misaloundra Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Oh it's not easy to stay motivated and to struggle with depression at the same time. I know how it is. Last year I was at a very dark place mentaly and couldn't find any motivation to take care of myself. Thankfully, I came at peace with what I was struggling with, so I feel much better now. I decided that the only person I could on was myself! Which is true. Forget all the people that brings negativity in your life. Yes, even if it's your ''best friend'' or your uncle or whatever. Focus on what's positive, and what brings you joy. Those are the things that you should hang onto. It helps lift the spirit. Well, it helped me, so maybe it will for you too...

Sorry, I don't have much help or tips to offer, but I am super optimist! Also, super motivated, so I know you said you don't post much, but feel free to add me if you want. I log everything I eat and burn. I come on MFP every day. I can offer friendship!

(also, don't mind the mistakes please. Frenchie here)