Do you log every day?

hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
And do you plan on logging your food forever? I really don’t like logging my food. It’s tedious. For a while I’ve only been logging m-f and taking weekends off, but it’s not working for me because when I don’t log my food, I use that as an excuse to eat all the food lol. I feel like I could set rules for myself, like just eat my main meals + 2 snacks (or something) or I guess I could just keep my food diary every day :( just curious what you all do and what your plans are? Is “intuitive eating” even a real thing....

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    It's just me & husband & my computer is next to our dining table so if we eat together I log first then eat & spend time talking to him, if not then I log while I'm eating & spend time on here going thru the discussions like I am now, it's some "me" time I don't know the future but I don't forsee not logging
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    I am not on to brag. But check our my streak. Lol it works for me .
  • Ralphone
    Well looks like it works for you B)
  • Ralphone
    Keep it up. Looks like You are having great success with it.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    I took the month of February off of logging and was able to maintain without a problem. In March I thought I wanted to try cutting again so I started logging again, that only lasted about two weeks before I decided that I need to stay in maintenance so I started logging again just to zero in my calories. I'll be back to mindful eating in another week or two.. I feel less stressed not worrying about food and logging it all day.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    I feel less stressed not worrying about food and logging it all day.
    Whereas I feel less stressed by logging. It takes the guesswork out. I would worry all day long about my calories if I didn't take a couple of minutes to log right before I consume anything.
    Key is to find the WOE that works for you. N=1 is the only thing that matters in the end.
    This.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    when I was in a strict deficit I did .... now at maintanence a lot of my weekends I use the quick add because, eating out, eating meals where I share stuff out of a packet with the kiddy, it would be a major ball ache to keep weighing handfuls of popcorn in a movie
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited April 2018
    I only log now and again to see where my macros are. If you don't want to log you are still going to have to keep thinking in calories if you are going to maintain your weight. I always mentally know how many calories I have eaten per day despite not logging my food. Mindless eating doesn't work out well for any of us usually :/.

(I'm almost 5 years in maintenance, its an ingrained habit now to think calories)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't use the food diary anymore, just a spreadsheet, and the meal plan becomes a log as I eat. "Meal plan" can sound so ambitious, but it's really just to formalize better eating habits and eat cheap, healthy and tasty as a single person. I don't know if intuitive eating is a thing, or if it's relevant; I know how much I need to be energetic and normal weight, but it's still a consciuos choice to stick to it. Or not. Usually I stick to it, because I want to be energetic and normal weight.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I log everyday except Saturday's or family events and social type settings etc. I work from home, eat at home and its not inconvenient. I pretty much have the same menu for bfasts/lunches/snacks. Plan dinners in the morning with my family. My weekends are flexible, no logging, usually eat out once during the weekend.

Overall I still have issues with knowing that I can easily overeat, the extra 100 here or 200 there adds up quickly so I am fine maintaining things just as I am.
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Yes log every day. It works.
  • LJay89
    LJay89 Posts: 91 Member
    I was in a place where I couldn't log because I also found it tedious. I think part of it is a motivation thing, I am now working with a PT and I am extremely motivated, also I want to get to a place where I can eat the maximum amount of calories while losing fat so I have to be as accurate as possible...

It could also just not be what works for you? To lose weight we need a calorie deficit, there are many methods that help with that you might just need to experiment.