Finally getting out of my own way! Keto friends!

Options
Not new to MFP. Have been losing the same 20lbs for a year. PCOS and finally listening to my doctors. I've been on Keto for 2 weeks and have lost 9lbs. I know it's water, but it's working for me. Looking for keto and non keto friends for support!

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Enjoy some fats for me!
  • SimplyAdia
    SimplyAdia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lol more Kerry gold for me!
  • SimplyAdia
    Options
    Keto buddies, where are you? Lol
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started Keto last Thursday. Add me
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,806 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 1-11-18. SW 235 GW 145. Total goal loss 90 pounds. I have lost 34 pounds so far. 56 more to go! My next goal is to lose 10% of my weight loss goal which is 5.6 lbs. That will put me in the "onderful" weight that I have not seen in over a decade. Best of luck to us all!
  • colegordon94
    colegordon94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started keto about 2 weeks ago! Down 10lbs ... 60lbs to go!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I’m doing keto. Day 8 and loving it. I’d love some keto peeps to fill up my feed (:
  • SimplyAdia
    Options
    Consider yourself added!
  • mindstar1
    mindstar1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to start keto, not shore how to though. Would love to add you. Also, anyone can add me as a friend as well. It is always good to have support.
  • crisygal
    crisygal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody! I've been lazy keto-ing for a minute. I'd love to get serious and drop 40lbs.
  • kristifelrnee1291
    kristifelrnee1291 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Started Keto 3 days ago. Also have PCOS.
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Started keto on the 21st. Down almost five pounds! The hardest part? Clearing out my pantry and fridge! Tossed out years of carb laden foods. I am (or was) a naturally risen bread baker. So my pantry was heavy with whole grains, white, wheat, spelt, teff, kamut and other flours, vital wheat gluten, crackers, vegetable and canola oil, no sugar chocolate syrup (only five cals per serving, and HFCS bbq sauce. Tossed (shudder) it all! Very hard to do, but now I have two whole cabinet sections empty. I still have about 60 lbs of whole grain hard and soft wheat. Ugh. Not sure what to do with it all yet.

But I have to say that after a lifetime of upside down eating, cutting back on all those carbs feels a lot better. And getting used to seeing just the opposite, that is high fat(!), high protein and low carbs was really strange at first. All these years of being told that a diet high in fat was simple taboo is a real bummer. It's just so weird seeing a recipe for high fat coffee that contains butter and coconut oil!

But it all makes perfect sense. Loading up on carbs means your body will always go for the carbs first, so scaling back means better use of fat stores in the body.

So count me in as a friend! It's always cool to see what others are eating and how well they are doing in transforming their bodies into fat burning machines!
  • bustercrabby
    Options
    SimplyAdia wrote: »
    Lol more Kerry gold for me!

Agreed! The first time you taste Kerry Gold, you'll never go back to Land-O-Lakes again.
  • bustercrabby
    Options
    Rolling up on one year of keto here. 135lbs down.

An amazing amount of weight lost. Kudos to you!
  • bustercrabby
    Options
    I started Keto 1-11-18. SW 235 GW 145. Total goal loss 90 pounds. I have lost 34 pounds so far. 56 more to go! My next goal is to lose 10% of my weight loss goal which is 5.6 lbs. That will put me in the "onderful" weight that I have not seen in over a decade. Best of luck to us all!

Thirty four pounds lost in only three and a half months is amazing...