Ultimate Accountability Challenge, May 2018

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
If you want to achieve a long-term result you need accountability partners to be with you along the journey. The Ultimate Accountability Challenge is founded on the basic truth that to change your bad habits, you must replace them with thoughtful healthy habits. Those habits work for weight loss and for maintenance of weight loss. Those habits are:
Tracking your intake of every caloric bite, taste and lick; at least 20 minutes per day of intentional exercise; and consuming less calories than your specific daily limit.
Join a great team of like-minded people athttps://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126688-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2018

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    eqv86m59gdqm.jpg
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Your current intake and exercise 'system' is perfectly designed for whatever results you have created. If you want to change your results, then you need to change your system. In the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC), you will focus on the healthy habits that give you the long-term results of fitness not fatness; vibrancy not listlessness; and a great group of team members.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Join the May Ultimate Accountability Challenge see us at this link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126688-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2018
    If you want to change your future, join us and develop the healthy habits of tracking your intake; exercising daily; and consuming less calories than your chosen daily limit.
    We allow 3 Pass Days per month. Compete to be in the monthly Winner's Circle
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Check us out at Ultimate Accountability Challenge May, 2018 see the link here
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126688-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2018
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge group and there are so many reasons why. It is do as much as you want group. If you have time and want to share ok if your busy and just have time to pop on and say yes x 3. Whatever works for you works.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Although I run a different challenge, UAC is still my favourite.

By participating in UAC, I lost 25kg (50lbs) in 5 months, gone into full maintenance and kept the weight off for a further 6 months (even over Christmas and holidays). I intend to be part of UAC for a long time.
    • UAC does not have weigh ins.
    • UAC does not not mandate exercise you cannot or do not want to do.
    • UAC is not competing against others.

What UAC is:
    • UAC is a fantastic community with daily discussion.
    • UAC builds healthy maintainable habits to manage your weight and your health.

Successful, long term, weight loss / weight management REQUIRES lifestyle adaption. Not diets. That is the core of UAC.

If you are looking for the BEST challenge on MFP. *** THIS IS IT ***

If you are SERIOUS about losing weight and intend to KEEP IT OFF, **FOREVER**. Then UAC is the challenge for you.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    I couldn’t agree more. UAC is truly the Ultimate Acoountibility Challenge with a laser focus on the three tasks that insure our success. Try it; you’ll like it - no, you’d LOVE it!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    I signed up but can’t find my self in the members list
    Would you mind telling me if I am in?
    Thanks
  • craigo3154
    Options
    I signed up but can’t find my self in the members list
    Would you mind telling me if I am in?
    Thanks

@57discovery. You are the first entry on page 2 of members list. ( https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/members/126688-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2018/p2?filter=members )

Welcome and hope you have a great month. Looking forward to hearing from you.

• hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need to lose about 50-60 lbs. My sister just had a stroke and had a heart attack earlier this year. I need to get healthier so this does not happen to me.
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok I’m in! Let me know what else I need to do! I read all the info.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    I'm in. Need to lose about 50-60 lbs. My sister just had a stroke and had a heart attack earlier this year. I need to get healthier so this does not happen to me.

@makhe1224. This is probably THE BEST way to help yourself. UAC will help you foster healthy habits that will minimise the chances of stroke and heart attack. Eating an appropriate diet, regular activity (good habits) and reducing bad habits (such as smoking) are shown to be key to reducing serious illness risk.
    KLM4k wrote: »
    Ok I’m in! Let me know what else I need to do! I read all the info.

@KLM4k. Starting May 1, join in the daily discussions in the group and post whether you:
    1. Did 20 mins or more activity
    2. Tracked everything (that had calories) that you ate
    3. Kept within your daily calorie budget

That is all. Pretty simple (on the surface). But keeping up these 3 things daily for a month (with allowance to 3 miss days) is quite a challenge.

Look forward to hearing more from you both.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Another good thing with our group even if you use your 3 pass days nobody gets the boot. As long as you want to stay you are in. Even if you're having a rough patch and eating cake every day log it and continue on. We all have our weaknesses.
  • RangerRickL
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    The group feels more friendly and not competing with each other. There are no weigh ins or hey how many squats can you do.You pick the exercise that is good 4 you. I basically walk sometimes I just mark down when I had to do chores like shovel snow. Which it can stop snowing for May it burns a lot of calories but I am tired of that chore. ;)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Another thing I like is the age variety. You have kids in college all the way to the retiree. It's nice to hear the different journeys we are all on.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Carol. May will be my sixth month with the UAC Challenge. I continue to be delighted by the enthusiasm and commitment of this group to a healthy lifestyle. The members of this challenge are in various stages of their nutrition, exercise and weight loss goals and run the gamut in age range. What I appreciate most is that everyone is welcome to participate whether they are attempting to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight…with the emphasis being on healthy exercise, nutrition and logging. The rules are clear and concise; and the objective is a desire for everyone to succeed with positive encouragement and results.

I make an attempt to read all posts on a daily basis and offer my encouragement be it a “like,” “hug,” or simply a supportive comment. I also appreciate that @RangerRickL is an engaged leader for this monthly challenge with daily posts of interest encouraging UAC members to participate in the “virtual” discussion.

Thank you for continuing the challenge in May, or joining us should this be your first time as a participant. Welcome to the group!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Many a day someone's post will make me laugh. Being virtual you say things you would never say out loud. LOL
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    You have interaction with people all over the world and find people who are your neighbors.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    LOVE this group and checking in daily. It has given me the accountability I need to keep myself honest about what’s going in my mouth and what intentional activity I am getting daily. It’s helped me lose the final 10lbs, but more importantly, it’s just a really great community to be a part of! Come join us!!