More friends to hold me accountable.

Options
My name is Daniel Artest. I'm 30, married with three sons and I'm overweight. I'm no longer afraid to live in my own skin. I come from an athletic family. I have a brother who actually plays in the NBA(Ron Artest/Metta World Peace) and myself have played in Germany and semi pro leagues in the USA. I kind of lost my motivation a few years back and gained lots of weight. Now I'm up against myself. The biggest challenge of my life. Losing weight. I'm mentally prepared for this more than ever. My sons lookup to me and I want to do this for them. I currently weigh 332lbs with 34.5% body fat. My goal is to go all out for a year and get down to my playing weight of 230lbs with 7-8% body fat. It's crazy though. Though my weight is high. I still have great agility and can dunk a basketball with ease. I just joined MFP to find some like minded friends who can hold me accountable. Please. Don't hesitate and just add me.
I'm starting my New workout plan tonight. I'm gonna spend the year doing and alternating between a 12 week size and 6 week shred workout plans. Three rotations. 54weeks. I'm probably gonna play bball 2-3x/wk instead of the usual 6 days. I was talking to a nutritionist. I had to switch up the weight loss goals in order for it to stay off. So instead of losing 4-5lbs/wk I'm gonna focus on 2-3lbs/wk. Eating 2,200 kcal/day on my off days and my workout days I'll eat 2,600 kcal/day. I lost 16lbs in the month of July so I'm very excited about that but last year at this time I was 30lbs lighter. I moved to Los Angeles. Got lazy. No fretting though. I'm taking on this challenge. During these next 12weeks.(August 5th- October 28th) My goal is to lose between 24-36lbs. I really wanna be under the weight I was at last year by my 31st birthday(November 13th) thanks for reading. Hope to speak to y'all soon.

Replies

• blackNyx
    blackNyx Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey there Daniel!

I'm new to MFP and will be happy to add you. Although I will say our fitness goals are very different, I'll have no problem offering you help and suggestions on how to lose weight. I am training for a half-marathon right now, and at 110 pounds and 1100 average calorie intact per day (on top of running 25+ miles a week), am actually in a severe calorie deficit, so I definitely need encouragement to eat MORE.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daniel, I'm 33 and I started at 383. I'm at 304 today. I have a long road ahead. I love your comment about being agile. I love the look on someone's face when I can do something guys our size shouldn't be able to. I wish you nothing but the best. You can do this! Add me if you care to.
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're motivated and focused, that's awesome! Cool that you can still get up and dunk too :) Feel free to add me if you're looking for supportive friends!
  • metalligolfer
    metalligolfer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Also, anyone can feel free to add me.
  • invisible1030
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon and need more friends to keep me on it this time :P friend request sent, feel free to add me as well
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am looking for more friends to share motivation.