Hi, I'm new here..

Options
CAG1983
CAG1983 Posts: 11 Member
Ok, here goes nothing...

Hi everyone, I'm Claire, I'm 29, from the UK and I'm at the heaviest I have ever been at 218lbs. I'm hoping to get to around 154lbs to be the same weight I was when I hit my lowest around 5 years ago. I'd previously been on Weight Watchers, but since it's changed over to Pro Points etc I don't really like the new format. I've been on MFP for a little while, but had been concentrating a lot more on my weight this year.

I had been going to the gym a couple of times a week, mainly Zumba and Bokwa classes but since we have had our heatwave I haven't been going as the heat and asthma don't really go hand in hand. It's been a couple of months since I have done any exercise now.

Even when I was exercising I was stuck in a rut, and still am now. I move around each week by 2-3lb, mainly up. I'm a really really bad and picky eater. I watch my calories, but I don't eat the fruit and veg I should do - I don't like it. I'm more of a chicken nuggets type of girl. I know this isn't going to help me lose weight, but I managed on WW, so I'm hoping I can do it on MFP even if it does take a little longer.

My mum is also on MFP and she is 69 and having a hard time losing weight also. She watches what she eats and is exercising (again) by working out on a gravity strider machine. She is very obese but has lost around 70lb in total, but again she is stuck in a rut and losing/gaining 2-3lb a week.

Any advice for a picky eater and an elderly obese lady would be great.

Thank you.

Replies

• CAG1983
    CAG1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • returnofwhiterabbit
    Options
    Hi Claire

I did weight watches before and found sucess but now with the new points system i just don't get on with it! i understand how you feel

Feel free to add me if you like :)