Slow and steady

Options
Hello, I'm 10 pounds in to my goal of losing 100 and not feeling like I've been wanting my life. It's taken 3 months to lose the 10, but I've been making lifestyle improvements at a rate I'm sure I can sustain. The biggest was giving up coffee creamer. I am a stay-at-home mom with 2 dogs, so my journey is easier than someone who works and still has to exercise. I'm very fortunate for that. I have an elliptical at home that I do 30 minutes on more days than not. And I walk the dogs and do the usual housework. I've only got one kid left at home, and since it's a teenager, I'm not chasing little ones, unless my grandkids come to visit. I can use all the help you've willing to give, and I can give all the support you might need.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Just keep adding little changes and it'll keep coming off, I will say focus more on the food than the exercise as that is what makes the difference when it comes to weight loss.

Little changes that can have a big impact include things like:
    • Better portion control - you might be surprised at how different a weighed out portion of something is compared to an eye-balled portion. This made a massive difference to me with things like cereal, pasta and rice.
    • Cutting down on oil use in cooking - I have cut out about 200 calories from 5-8 meals per week just by switching to oil spray instead of free pouring oil.
    • Being mindful of the little extras that add calories, that dollop of mayonnaise, milk/sugar in a coffee, that bite of food you took when prepping kids meals, etc
  • breebeasley76
    breebeasley76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started using my kitchen scale yesterday. I was definitely adding more than I thought. It all adds up.