Inches not pounds, dieting only

I’m experienced with weight loss. I also got to a point where I was no longer losing weight but I was losing inches because I was lifting weights. This time I haven’t been cleared for my workouts (3rd baby) but I have started a keto diet . My weight has plateaued but I’m definitely losing inches (love handles are gone, gone down a size in my clothes) but my weight hasn’t budged. This would be normal if I was working out but I’m not. How does a diet alone drop inches but not weight?

Replies

• tammie614
    tammie614 Posts: 48 Member
    calorie deficit results in weight/fat loss (inches that you speak of)..i'd much rather have that as it is way more telling than the number on the scale. i'm aiming for both while staying in a small deficit and lifting weights and doing HIIT
  • CharliesWifeJenean
    CharliesWifeJenean Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I can’t wait to include exercise and see the results.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    If you're not cleared for working out yet, I'm guessing you just had a baby. You retain a lot more fluid throughout your body than normal during pregnancy. In the 6-8 weeks following birth, you'll lose that fluid (like with those lovely night sweats). Obviously, your uterus will shrink as well and all of your organs will rearrange themselves back where they belong, and that will cause some shape changes, as well.