Lunch and dinner meals low calories

TinaP1013
TinaP1013 Posts: 12 Member
Hello
I am starting to count calories again. I am looking for low calorie lunch and dinner meals. I prefer easy ones. I am not a Vegetable eater, so please don't put salads.

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Everyone has different version of what low calorie means to them.

To me that would be a total dinner ~400 and a lunch around 250-310.

Today I am eating sloppy joe meat on top of broccoli for lunch which is only ~310 calories with 45g of protein and 5 grams of fiber!

For dinner this week I am doing Roasted Cauliflower with Lentils and Harrissa topped with goat cheese
    ~418 calories 23g protein, 20 grams of fiber.

For low calories, I usually try to trim down on the bread/pasta/rice and amp up the meat and veggies because I get more fiber and protein, which keeps me full. However, none of the veggies are in salad form. So do you hate all vegetables or just salad form because that is a giant difference.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    What you like, in a portion size appropriate for your goals, is what you want.

I'm pretty sure that today it won't be a salad, but I dasn't say if it will be a fruit, a fat, or a meat. That's up to you.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    If I'm saving up for a big dinner my lunch sometimes is an Ocean's tuna snack kit. The one with rice crackers is 146 calories. For a low cal dinner I will usually do Shirataki noodles with a bolongnese sauce which comes in around 350 calories or so with parmesean cheese. Another low calorie dinner is Shrimp. They are super low as long as you don't dip them in butter. I use a little cocktail sauce and enjoy. Either way it is a good bang for your calorie budget.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have the same thing daily for lunch (and I know you said don't put salads but there are other items than just lettuce)

Wegmans - Cucumber, 0.25 cup 4 1 0 0 0 1
    Kroger - Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 0.25 cup 110 1 9 7 0 180
    Marketside - Spring Mix Organic, 1.13 cups (85g) 5 1 0 1 0 13
    Great Value - Tri-color Tortilla Strips, 2 tablespoon 35 4 2 0 0 15
    Kraft - Roka Blue Cheese Dressing, 45 g (2 tbsp) 180 2 18 0 0 375
    Heritage Farms Chicken - Breast, 2 oz 55 0 1 11 0 90
    Calories: 389
  • Martinez83014
    Martinez83014 Posts: 21 Member
    Look up green giant's fried cauliflower rice. That with a cup of peas and some boiled shrimp added feels like a cheat meal but comes in under 400 calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    OP doesn't like veg :/ that's like setting yourself up to fail - so many benefits from eating them and it's all how you cook them that makes them really tasty - roasting them is one option.
    It would be hard to make filling lunches and dinners low calorie and filling without veg imo.

But I will share a few of my prep ahead lunches:
    Chicken/cashew nuts/apple/celery/spinach and mayo
    Tuna/sweet corn/peppers/pineapple/spinach/ chilli sauce
    Egg/ onion/ bacon/ chives/ mayo - these can be sandwich fillings or mixed with pasta/ rice to bulk. - and come under 400 cals a portion

Dinners - soups/ casseroles/ curries/ pasta bakes - all my home made dinners come under 600 cals.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    I am assuming by the I am not a vegetable eater you don't eat any veggies so I am going to stay away from them all together and like another poster mentioned low calories differs for everyone so with out a range that you are looking for I am throwing caution to the wind as I am not a big bread eater and what they call a veggie *kitten*, I love them raw, sauteed, roasted, steamed, you name it! so my low cal meals always contain them... with that being said the non veggie items are:

Breakfast: usually a Greek yogurt bowl, add some granola and fresh fruit, or a chia seed bowl with PB2 and jelly, kind bar with fresh fruit... (weekends I do the traditional big breakfast, eggs bacon sausage waffles etc.)

Lunches-I bought these bento style boxes that have three separate compartments so I fill them with things like hard boiled eggs, almonds, fruit, hummus, cheese, tuna fish, quinoa, shrimp, sweet potato (not sure if you consider that a veggie) almond butter with apple slices and cinnamon.

Dinners- fast and easy my go to is omelets aside from veggie filled I also do bacon/sausage/ham goat cheese with a slice of multi grain toast and ghee. I also prep on the weekends so I make a soup or a turkey chili in the crock pot and then separate them into single portion sizes. I do eggmuffins for a quick grab as well. Like I said I do a ton of veggies so most nightly meals are a protein with a couple cooked veggies and big green salad. but you can certainly substitute them for pretty anything else you like, just in moderation.

I stay within 1250-1420 calories each day. I tend to be lower carb, high protein and that works for me. every one is different, key is to find the things you like that keep you feeling satisfied. Good luck!
  • mmariev14
    mmariev14 Posts: 10 Member
    So this will include a vegetable but I've started doing variations on eggplant parm and I love it. You slice the eggplant and coat it in egg and grated parm instead of bread crumbs, then bake till crispy! Then you have to include a ricotta cheese mix to make it high protein. I usually layer the eggplant with ricotta, or roll the eggplant with ricotta inside. The only hard part is figuring out a sauce to eat it with. Most marinara sauces are high carb, so either use a very little or make a very basic homemade pureed tomato sauce. Ends up tasting like cheesy goodness!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2018
    Just make a smash plate....Think a vegetable or two...a protein source...and maybe a fat. My lunch was frozen chicken strips, A potato and 1.5 servings of brussel sprout with some frozen spinach. 10 minutes prep time super simple for 300 calories. Sometimes i just toss in whatever veggies some tuna or chicken and an egg in a bowl with ketchup. I make a smash plate/bowl of sorts twice a day. Super simple. I know you dont like veggies but just toss in ketchup or a bbq sauce and its good. Hot sauce helps. So does garlic powder/cayenne pepper. You really do get used to veggies, Especially when the greener ones are mixed in with homefries XD

n80cskwvaanw.png

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Without the low calorie-high volume "fillers" of veggies you are stuck with smaller portions of current foods.

I like websites like Skinny-Taste and Cooking Light......but you're going to encounter a fair number of recipes with veggies in them.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-chipotle-sweet-potato-fries/

• shanamorris1107
    shanamorris1107 Posts: 2 Member
    I have the same situation. I don’t eat veggies. I make a good white bean chicken chili that is low calorie. Frittatas. Tacos with no cheese on a thin corn tortilla. For bread I get the 40 calorie per slice honey wheat. I make chicken salad sandwiches with the rotisserie chicken salad from HEB. My whole sandwich ends up being under 200 calories. For sweets, I get low calorie ice cream or ice cream bars. Those are usually under 100 calories. I maintained an 800 calorie per day diet for 4 months. No veggies.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I have the same situation. I don’t eat veggies. I make a good white bean chicken chili that is low calorie. Frittatas. Tacos with no cheese on a thin corn tortilla. For bread I get the 40 calorie per slice honey wheat. I make chicken salad sandwiches with the rotisserie chicken salad from HEB. My whole sandwich ends up being under 200 calories. For sweets, I get low calorie ice cream or ice cream bars. Those are usually under 100 calories. I maintained an 800 calorie per day diet for 4 months. No veggies.

Yikes! You might not want to advertise this. My Fitness Pal has rules against promoting very low calorie (dangerous) diets here.

I hope you were under the care of a medical doctor. This sounds like a recipe for lean muscle and hair loss.