Positive atkins

Options
Hi

I have a holiday in 4 weeks time. I have started the Atkins. It’s going well. What has been everyone weight loss in 4 weeks?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    For me, no more than 2 pounds.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    For most people with an overweight/obese BMI, losing up to 1% of your body weight per week is an achievable pace. And can be done with calorie counting alone, no need for restrictive diet plans.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My husband lost some weight on Atkins. I think it was about 6 pounds in the first month. I don't do the Atkins diet, but sometimes for a snack I'll grab one of their 11 ounce French Vanilla Shakes, 160 calories. It helps keep me full and is tasty and I think it has something like 9 grams of protein.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for positive Atkins stories and how much people have lost in a month on the diet
    Thanks

Regardless of what diet plan you follow, your expectations for weight loss will be pretty much the same. The upper limit is usually 1% of your body weight per week, and the vast majority of people can expect to lose @ 1 lb per week. Because Atkins is low carb, you may also lose a few lbs of water weight in the first couple of weeks.

I'm sure you will get more posts with people's actual results, just keep in mind that if they started out heavier than you, they may well have been able to lose more than you will, and vice versa. Good luck!
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There is a large low carb threads on here.