Bulky Arm Muscle :(

Options

Replies

• LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    First. Define, Bulky. What you think maybe bulky and man looking, may not actually be so.
    Second, it's not possible to gain muscle on a calorie restriction. So you might actually just be defining muscles, that still has a good amount of fat in between.
    Less fat=smaller muscles.
    So if that's the case, just stick it out, do less training if you want. Eventually that excess fat will leave :)
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Try Pilates.

Pilates is awesome for muscle awareness and the workouts can be just as excrutiating as weight lifting if not more.

try out Blogilates by Cassey Ho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bBk2oidYvE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuxmXKqI0jw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVdng_dq-sE

hope this helps :)
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First. Define, Bulky. What you think maybe bulky and man looking, may not actually be so.
    Second, it's not possible to gain muscle on a calorie restriction. So you might actually just be defining muscles, that still has a good amount of fat in between.
    Less fat=smaller muscles.
    So if that's the case, just stick it out, do less training if you want. Eventually that excess fat will leave :)

and This. definitely this :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Fake profile pic, likely fake question.

Face looks familiar, and I can't place it!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If fake profile/troll - LAME.

If not, then pictures because I've found those I've come across who say a certain body part is bulky really isn't.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Those arms are manly looking? :noway:

That's what I was thinking.

OP.. When are your arms manly looking? Are you talking about just after you finish working them? That's normal to have some more bulkiness when you are pumped up. From your profile pic, your arms look quite slender (at least the parts I can see). I'm having trouble believing you have manly arms. Can you post a manly arm pic?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    If fake profile/troll - LAME.

This is true. If fake, please come up with a better troll post than this.
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I want to see those arms. If they're really muscular and manly, I'm buying your workout/diet program, paying cash.

(Somehow, I'm not getting my hopes high...)
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Don't use as much weight, and do more repetition. This creates leaner muscle.

Yeah, make sure you get those pink dumbbells out so you can tone.

No, actually less weight and more reps is a way to encourage hypertrophy (muscle size) over strength. Ask a body builder. More weight and fewer reps will emphasize strength over hypertrophy.

But having any sort of muscle definition? Man, that sounds terrible. We feel your pain.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Those arms are manly looking? :noway:

That's what I was thinking.

OP.. When are your arms manly looking? Are you talking about just after you finish working them? That's normal to have some more bulkiness when you are pumped up. From your profile pic, your arms look quite slender (at least the parts I can see). I'm having trouble believing you have manly arms. Can you post a manly arm pic?

Zackly!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    But having any sort of muscle definition? Man, that sounds terrible. We feel your pain.
    Still no cure for cancer. :tongue:
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bulky arms?
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I want to see those arms. If they're really muscular and manly, I'm buying your workout/diet program, paying cash.

(Somehow, I'm not getting my hopes high...)

Me too. I want to know all the secrets.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Can you put up a pic please of said bulky arms. I find it very hard to believe that any woman has massive arm muscles without specifically trying to.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Your arm muscles aren't nearly as big as you think they are, and they cannot get bigger if you lose weight.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping to read the valuable responses later. My arms are also bulky, like a man.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my "bulky man arms"!!...but my BF and I prefer to call them my "strong and sexy arms". It is all in how you view things...your view is baffling to me.:huh:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see if anyone else wants to contribute some "bulky" arm pics...
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to roll up ma sleeves...
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My arms are bulky but I LOVE them! If I wear a tight shirt, it has to be stretchy or my arms get stuck like they're in a Chinease finger traps...and I like having that problem!