How long before you started loosing?

Options
I've been using this site for...between two and three weeks now(not very long, I know), and I've stayed exactly the same weight.

I'm wondering how quickly you all started to notice a difference in weight/clothes fitting/et cetera.

I know part of it is that I do a minimum of working out...never less 30 min. three times a week, but not an awful lot more than that either (I'm a waitress, on my feet all day, running around and carrying heavy armloads of food and glassware and the like, and I just don't feel like getting up and running around some more!)

I'm also wondering if maybe it has to do with this site telling me to eat too little. According to the BMR caculator on this page, I should be consuming 1, 515 a day. My food diary was at 1200, until tonight, when I changed the amount of weight loss to 1.5lbs per week, and it went up to 1,597. Should I aim for the 1,515, the 1,597, or the 1200?

I'm just looking for a little input, because I'm getting very frustrated of spending so much time and energy on what I eat, and when, and how much, and making sure to work out at LEAST the minimum...and the only results I'm seeing/feeling is being gassier!

Thanks for your time, everyone... It's nice to know there's a group of people out there who are going through (or have gone through) what I am.

Replies

• margolane1932
    margolane1932 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been using this site for...between two and three weeks now(not very long, I know), and I've stayed exactly the same weight.

I'm wondering how quickly you all started to notice a difference in weight/clothes fitting/et cetera.

I know part of it is that I do a minimum of working out...never less 30 min. three times a week, but not an awful lot more than that either (I'm a waitress, on my feet all day, running around and carrying heavy armloads of food and glassware and the like, and I just don't feel like getting up and running around some more!)

I'm also wondering if maybe it has to do with this site telling me to eat too little. According to the BMR caculator on this page, I should be consuming 1, 515 a day. My food diary was at 1200, until tonight, when I changed the amount of weight loss to 1.5lbs per week, and it went up to 1,597. Should I aim for the 1,515, the 1,597, or the 1200?

I'm just looking for a little input, because I'm getting very frustrated of spending so much time and energy on what I eat, and when, and how much, and making sure to work out at LEAST the minimum...and the only results I'm seeing/feeling is being gassier!

Thanks for your time, everyone... It's nice to know there's a group of people out there who are going through (or have gone through) what I am.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    For me it has been a slow process. I have a healthy BMI and only trying to lose 15 pounds; yet, this is the reason why it has been so slow compared to someone who needs to lose 60+ pounds.

Just give it a few weeks to see how your body adjusts and make corrections as needed. Take measurements and hope to hear of your progress soon!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Helawat is probably right on with this. You're profile says you only want to lose 14 lbs, which means you're probably pretty close, or already at your healthy weight range. When you are in that range, weight loss will be much slower, also something to note, the more aggressive weight loss goals (2lbs and 1.5 lbs per week) may just not work for you, for the same reason that I stated above. The closer we get to our goals, the less of a deficit you should be attempting.

check out this post, it has some good post links in it that you may want to read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition