Well I'm back.

Options
I got diagnosed with Afib about a month-and-a-half ago. My blood pressure was through the roof. They keep upping my meds and today is the first day since I was diagnosed that I've had a normal blood pressure. I was so out of shape, I could barely walk 15 minutes. So I'm on my bike, and in that time frame, I am now up to about 14 miles. I will be happy when I'm up to about 100 to 120 miles a week. (I do love bike riding, I don't know why I stopped.) I am trying to shift my thought process for this being about my health, my mental well being, and a little Revenge, because my boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks after I got diagnosed with Afib. After five and a half years, he told me he didn't know what *in love* meant, and he's in his freaking 50s.

Replies

• jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    S
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    By the time a man is in his 50's, and I speak from first-hand knowledge, the hormonal insanity of proclamations of love, a la Paul and John circa 1964, have so far receded into the mists of time as to be indistinguishable from myth.

• jazzie_red
    Options
    To me, in love with a pretty basic concept. It means you just want to be with that person. You love them, you care about them.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    He realized he wasn't capable of sickness and health, he was just there for the good times.

Usually when people are looking for that "in love" feeling, they end up with sociopaths because that is the only way to feel that overwhelming Hollywood twitterpated once the teenage hormones settle down.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    jazzie_red wrote: »
    To me, in love with a pretty basic concept. It means you just want to be with that person. You love them, you care about them.

Enough of that weird stuff. Eat right. Exercise with enthusiasm. Treat yourself best. Get better.
  • jazzie_red
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Who made you the judger of weird things? You can f*** off. Please don't ever reply to me again...
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    jazzie_red wrote: »
    Who made you the judger of weird things? You can f*** off. Please don't ever reply to me again...

It's weird for me to be writing about it, therefore, I am the judge.