Losing weight with insulin resistance....

Options
LindaMarie2012
LindaMarie2012 Posts: 5 Member
Anyone else struggling to take weight off. I had lost 50 pounds and was very happily at my goal, and gained back 27 without trying. Turns out I'm insulin resistant. On top of Hashimoto's thyroid with its issues... I'm eating well, 2x strength training and 3x cardio per week - not losing any weight. Clothes fit better, less bloated, but would like to LOSE this weight. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories?

Given your medical issues, have you looked at low carb diet?
  • LindaMarie2012
    Options
    Yes, I track and do low carb - and am supervised in my efforts - just frustrating! It's a challenge to get up and do it again every day without much result. I guess i'm just feeling a bit defeated today. But will keep moving forward.
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you started trying?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    You are exercising a lot! I’m sorry it’s been frustrating.

Perhaps try a 10minute stroll around the block after each meal. Begin with one meal day, then two, then three. Find ways to be inefficient, eg, taking one item up the stairs at a time instead of an armful.

One doctor told me to walk 4 miles (8K steps) a day & that worked.

And my current doctor insists on an hour a day, of exercise every day. She’s 70, looks 50, and treadmills every morning for an hour to Opera! And chastises nurses 30-40 years younger than her for taking the elevator for the 7 story climb from parking garage. She always walks them. She’s my inspiration. As she said, “If I can work full time & do this, so can you!”

I am appreciative that she took a hard line with me. Whenever I think of not exercising, I think to myself, “Doctor’s orders” and out I go!

I think they were both right about daily exercise.
  • LindaMarie2012
    Options
    thanks for the input everyone. never give up!