Recovering from Stomach Bug

Options
After 5 days of pretty much not eating, I need to get back to my meal plan and exercise. Finding this difficult. I'm afraid to eat anything other than bread and crackers. My diet calls for high protein and lots of working out. Advice?

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    "Brat" diet is what I've always been told for following stomach virus... bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. I think it's just gentle on stomach for digesting. But once you're normal appetite returns, go back to normal! Get well soon!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Eat what you think you can keep down until you're appetite comes back. Don't worry about the diet yet, just worry about getting your stomach back in order from being sick. If bread & crackers is all you can stomach, then bread & crackers it is. Just eat bland foods until you feel better. After that, follow the protein MFP gives you, and begin working out when you feel able. Get feeling better! the stomach bug sucks! :confounded:
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I had my go with it last week. Like you I was afraid of giving it any additional ammunition. Electrolytes need to be a priority and just ease yourself back into it. A good transition meal is pasta with boiled eggs cut up in it.
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Take some probiotics if you don't already.