Cant connect to samsung health

Options
Hi can anyone help me connect to samsung health. Ive added it on and it says its connected but my step counter wont transfer over

Replies

• Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same here. Would have been in a mind to throw it in the bin had it not cost that much... :/
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Then my Samsung phone decided to completly stop working. I did a factory reset, lost everything on the phone, but when i started to reinstall apps, the step counter worked on this app.

Bit extreme to do this, it was only by chance i got it to work
  • bexkic
    bexkic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, just going to have to carry on putting them in manually then
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the Mapmyfitness app?

I stopped using Samsung Health because it wrote some "automatic" workouts to Myfitnesspal, such as when I had Mapmyfitness log a bike ride. S. Health, likely thinking all the jiggles during the ride were steps, logged an 800 calorie walk during that time. I'm ok with how Mapmyfitness logs my steps.
  • breebeasley76
    breebeasley76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had to go into both apps to link the other one, then mine synced fine. Hope yours starts working!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Try disconnecting the aps on your phone. Maybe uninstall / REinstall MFP. Then go to the website (not phone ap) using a pc and connect S health steps from there. That worked for me.
  • jnapier44077
    jnapier44077 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have had mine working now for awhile. Occasionally it stops syncing but my Fitbit would do that to when MFP had server problems.
    In the Samsung Health app you need to go to ...->partner app and pick MFP. Then you need to go to settings->data permissions and turn on all the permissions for MFP.
    Then you go into the MFP app and pick Apps & Devices and pick Samsung Health from the list and connect. Finally go to Steps and pick Samsung Health.
    I have a Samsung Gear Fit that seems to count steps about the same that my Fitbit did.