The goal is the process

Options

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This is perfection! And it’s something we CAN work on every day. That’s how progress is made.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    So simple, yet incredibly profound.

Not the destination, but the journey. Note how yo-yo dieting is only possible if the process works, so the process isn't the issue.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to have been tagged in such an awesome @kimny72 post! I never saw it all these months. And coincidentally, I need the reminder now more than ever. It's a principle with application far beyond weight loss- stop obsessing about the ultimate goal and just focus on what needs done today.

Now I want to know what the original thread was ;)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I'm so excited to have been tagged in such an awesome @kimny72 post! I never saw it all these months. And coincidentally, I need the reminder now more than ever. It's a principle with application far beyond weight loss- stop obsessing about the ultimate goal and just focus on what needs done today.

Now I want to know what the original thread was ;)

I'm going to guess it was similar to the threads that reminded me of this - folks who are starting over for the millionth time who are scared of the scale not doing what they want causing them to bail again. But I should've linked it back in April darn it! Thanks for suggesting it, wherever it was :lol:
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    @kimny72 Very positively put! A great way to look at the journey.
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great post! I feel like I've been slowly coming to that same conclusion myself, but it's always such a huge help to see someone else articulate what was, for me, a half-formed nebulous thought.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    fantastic post! Especially this time of year with so many starting (or re-starting) their health and fitness journey!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I've quoted this philosophy to others! Glad to see the original bumped.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @kimny72 you are so much more eloquent than I. I also tend to advise on process over outcomes. The difference is that I say it like a math teacher. You say it like an inspirational leader. Thanks for bumping this as I missed it the original time.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was a really, really good point.

(Also, an excuse to bump since no one did after the shameless plug from another thread. :))
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Always worth reading and re-reading. Much appreciated information.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I regret I have but one 'inspiring' to give to this post.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Commenting how great and on point this post is once just wasn't enough.