High protein low sugar breakfast ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    English breakfast often incorporates smoked fish (kippers=smoked herring). Consider having smoked herring, smoked salmon or smoked mackerel with scrambled or boiled eggs as a bacon alternative.

Also low fat yoghurt with fresh fruit and no added sugar.

Asian breakfasts without meat include egg drop soups, or congee (= savory rice porridge) with poached egg.
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Order JIF peanut butter online from Amazon?
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Frittatas are a good high-protein, low sugar breakfast. Pair with some fruit or a salad and you're good to go.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    During the week I usually eat greek yogurt with berries and roasted pumpkin seeds (for protein), cinnamon, and honey. Sometimes I add granola to it.

Toast (any kind of bread, english muffin, bagel, etc) topped with peanut butter, banana, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey.

On the weekends I like to make breakfast sandwiches with some combination of eggs (fried or scrambled), sausage or bacon, veggies and cheese on either an english muffin or bagel.

Lately I’ve also been making microwave egg cups. Just scramble 2 eggs in a mug, add a Tablespoon or 2 of chopped veggies (onion, peppers, etc.) and/or meat (i.g. diced bacon, ham or sausage) and about a Tablespoon of shredded cheese, mix into egg then pop in the microwave for about 45 seconds, mix again, and cook for another 30-45 seconds, just until egg is dry.