Facebook question

borichfan1
borichfan1 Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2018 in Chit-Chat
Which is better? When you got a fake friend you cannot unfriend on facebook because they are family, and you don't want then to see anything on your Facebook is it better to add them in the restricted list or the aquantances list and post everything for friends except aquantances?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    You CAN in fact unfriend anyone you want.

But then, I'm not on facebook any more so I could not care any less what people think on facebook.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Duck that. Family or not, delete their *kitten*.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    When you're grown, you do whatever the hell you want. I don't have facebook but if I did, I'd keep the friends I want and delete the ones I don't.

#notrocketscience
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    When you're grown, you do whatever the hell you want. I don't have facebook but if I did, I'd keep the friends I want and delete the ones I don't.

#notrocketscience

I agree with this
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    borichfan1 wrote: »
    Which is better? When you got a fake friend you cannot unfriend on facebook because they are family, and you don't want then to see anything on your Facebook is it better to add them in the restricted list or the aquantances list and post everything for friends except aquantances?

unfollow them instead of unfriending....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator

unfollow them instead of unfriending....

does this make it so they can't see your stuff? I thought this just kept them from popping up in your news feed?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member

I unfriended 2 family members. If you really don't want the contact with them go ahead and unfriend them.

My understanding is that on the restricted list a friend would only see public posts or something you tag them in. The aquaintances list makes their posts show up less in your newsfeed and can exclude them from seeing things you post if you select the option when sharing something.
    So restricted might be best if you never want them to see your posts that are not public. If you sometimes will want to include them in something you share then the aquaintance list might be better.