My calorie goals are different each day :s

Options
kazane1
kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
Hey all I have set a certain amount for calories a day for carbs protein and fat and I have set the goals by grams. But on each day for some reason it seems to be giving me a different number when I go onto my goals for the day. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks.

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If you’re adding in activity or exercise and it’s giving you additional calories, it’ll increase your macros by a proportionate amount to compensate.
  • kazane1
    Options
    Thanks but I’m on about the actual macros you set yourself.. so for example where I have set my carbs at 449g a day some days I look and it’s changed to like 455 or something.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you change your weight it will also adjust your calorie goals.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary so we can see? Also, how did you set them?
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Fitbit or Garmin fitness band linked to your account?
  • kazane1
    Options
    My diary is only open to friends :( but feel free to add me. My iPhones stepometer is linked to this account but it’s my actual goals of the individual calorie goals so for example if my calories are set to:
    Carbs-449g
    Fat-130g
    Protein-145g

On some days they change to:
    Carbs-455
    Fat-140
    Protein-153
    And then on other days they change then too.

I have snapshotted 3 days from this week as an example.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    kazane1 wrote: »
    My diary is only open to friends :( but feel free to add me. My iPhones stepometer is linked to this account but it’s my actual goals of the individual calorie goals so for example if my calories are set to:
    Carbs-449g
    Fat-130g
    Protein-145g

On some days they change to:
    Carbs-455
    Fat-140
    Protein-153
    And then on other days they change then too.

I have snapshotted 3 days from this week as an example.

okay, but what we're saying is that Myfitnesspal gives you more food for exercise. So the grams will go up proportionately as you get more calories.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    macros change with your gross calories, so if you get extra workout cals they go up by the same proportion. I wish they didn't or at least leave a line item with the original goal.
  • kazane1
    Options
    Okay thanks all I understand now and yeah I agree that would’ve been better leaving a line next to it with the original goal.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If I want to check whether I’ve met my “baseline” goals I look them up by looking at tomorrow’s diary. That will show goals with no exercise adjustments. It’s not elegant, but it works.
  • kazane1
    Options
    If I want to check whether I’ve met my “baseline” goals I look them up by looking at tomorrow’s diary. That will show goals with no exercise adjustments. It’s not elegant, but it works.

Good thinking. Thanks!